**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

Lars Sullivan actually isn't that good.  They call him a freak, the dude is 6'3 and not very intimidating lol.  I can name 15 other guys that are more physically intimidating/monster/scary than Lars freaking Sullivan.  It's too bad he's going to win MITB and be the next champ.

12 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Lars Sullivan actually isn't that good.  They call him a freak, the dude is 6'3 and not very intimidating lol.  I can name 15 other guys that are more physically intimidating/monster/scary than Lars freaking Sullivan.  It's too bad he's going to win MITB and be the next champ.

He's not in MITB, is he?

Just watching his NXT work makes me wonder why they called him up or even held onto him. He screwed up quite a few times. I could see them building him just for Roman to beat him.

Edited by Brian

8 hours ago, Brian said:

He's not in MITB, is he?

Just watching his NXT work makes me wonder why they called him up or even held onto him. He screwed up quite a few times. I could see them building him just for Roman to beat him.

Surprisingly no.  Totally thought he was going to be, but somehow I still think he makes his way into it.  He's screwed quite a bit.  I remember at NXT Chicago he completely missed to take a kick from Aliester Black and then just fell over.  Crowd was on him big time.

10 hours ago, Brian said:

He's not in MITB, is he?

Vince has a boner for big, strong men/women.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Moxley too AEW well done. Looking forward to them, so tired of McMahon based programming.

Cody v Dustin was the high spot of night. 

AEW back in Chicago aug 31

• 5 weeks later...

I think WWE is feeling the heat, from the newfound competition from AEW to the ever sinking ratings -- WWE officially announced Paul Heyman as executive director of RAW and Eric Bischoff as executive director of Smackdown.

Hard not to be excited about the state of wrestling ... it just feels like another golden era is upon us.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:23 AM, Brian said:

Cody v Dustin was the high spot of night. 

AEW back in Chicago aug 31

I got tickets.

31 minutes ago, Y2HH said:

I think WWE is feeling the heat, from the newfound competition from AEW to the ever sinking ratings -- WWE officially announced Paul Heyman as executive director of RAW and Eric Bischoff as executive director of Smackdown.

Hard not to be excited about the state of wrestling ... it just feels like another golden era is upon us.

It's 100% a hail Mary from Vince to get better ratings, but I am all in for this.

9 hours ago, Y2HH said:

Co-sign.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

That was one of the best Raws in forever. Just an awesome show. 

Who would've thought when it debuted, the 24/7 title would be the most interesting title in the company? You can tell Heyman has influence. Stuff makes sense, for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WWE is in competition with AEW and they pull out another UFC guy and a boxer on SD to go along with Brock winning in 5 seconds to a DQ ending in a HIAC match with the hottest character in the business and him not selling anything in the match.  Vince is out of tune.  

It was so bad, the fans were chanting AEW

How does Bray ever lose a match? Thrown off a cliff? Shot to the head? They really backed themselves in a corner with him. If he wasn't winning the title last night, why even book that match.

Would be cool if AEW was on Monday Nights. I can't associate NXT with what happened last night.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, GGajewski18 said:

WWE is in competition with AEW and they pull out another UFC guy and a boxer on SD to go along with Brock winning in 5 seconds to a DQ ending in a HIAC match with the hottest character in the business and him not selling anything in the match.  Vince is out of tune.  

It was so bad, the fans were chanting AEW

The Cain Velazquez stuff was great and made a lot of sense since theyll never fight in the octagon. Not to mention hes an actual wrestler. I thought smackdown was the best wrestling tv show I've watched in forever. Love to see tyson fury too. Bringing in popular boxers is hardly being out of tune. 

Hiac ending sucked. No reason to end that in a no contest. No issue with bray being impenetrable though. Reminicisent of Kane and Warrior. He needed to win though or it's for naught. 

11 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The Cain Velazquez stuff was great and made a lot of sense since theyll never fight in the octagon. Not to mention hes an actual wrestler. I thought smackdown was the best wrestling tv show I've watched in forever. Love to see tyson fury too. Bringing in popular boxers is hardly being out of tune. 

Hiac ending sucked. No reason to end that in a no contest. No issue with bray being impenetrable though. Reminicisent of Kane and Warrior. He needed to win though or it's for naught. 

See, I have zero interest in Cain Velazquez and Tyson Fury.

• 1 month later...

So I haven't posted in here in a little under a year.

WWE sucks, it's just downright horrid. The month building up to the saudia arabia crown jewel house show was it's downfall. I knew to stop watching then and it hasn't gotten any better into survivor series.

Survivor series sucked, but now we *should* start to get some storylines developing finally after the Saudia Arabia bullshit that they promote. 

• 1 month later...

So the Road to Wrestlemania is in full gear with the Royal Rumble this month. Here are some of my early predictions for the card. I'll put what I *want* and what I *expect*. When I say 'want' it means in the realm of reasonable. I.e. I'd love to see Bayley vs. Becky but that is not reasonable given the current circumstances.

WM Universal: Lesnar vs. Rusev is what I want, I think will get Lesnar vs. Velasquez or Rollins. Dark horse is Kevin Owens if they want to go big babyface push with him. Rusev deserves it tho after the torture WWE has put him through.

WWE Championship: Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan (Want), Fiend vs. Roman Reigns (expect). If Roman Reigns wins the rumble to go on to defeat the Fiend at wrestlemania I'll be pissed off. I respect roman and his work ethic, but WWE has given him every single opportunity and he isn't getting over. There's a reason for it. He's boring as shit. The only reason I have fiend vs. DB as my want is because I don't really see anything else better. Have Fiend beat Bryan in some weird way at the rumble and let Bryan turn it around in 2 months to conquer him finally at WM. Bryan is one of the very few wrestlers that MIGHT get a good ovation from the crowd for beating the fiend.

Raw championship: Becky Lynch vs. Ronda (want and expect). Other possibles: Becky vs. Charlotte or the triple threat rematch. I'm ok with any of these really. They all don't speak greatly to me, but their all WM worthy matches that should deliver.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, looking to take my two boys to the Smackdown show next month on March 27th at Allstate Arena.  Any suggestion on where the best price for tickets is?  Stubhub?  And where are the best places to sit there?  Obviously not ringside because the prices are ridiculous but maybe the next closest upper level or two?

Edited by Moan4Yoan