Sign in to follow this  
iWiN4PreP

**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

How can you say the men’s EC was mediocre until the end while saying the women’s was fantastic?  Seeing a botched move every minute isn’t my idea of fantastic TV.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

How can you say the men’s EC was mediocre until the end while saying the women’s was fantastic?  Seeing a botched move every minute isn’t my idea of fantastic TV.

The men's EC prior to DB and Kofi tearing the house down wasn't bad, it just wasn't helped by the storylines going into it. Daniel Bryan was fantastic in an almost Flair-like heel persona throughout the match. Samoa Joe being eliminated so early was a downer, but the storylines going into it kinda made it so.... Joe has been an afterthought. 

Hardy was eliminated after his 5 moves of doom, Orton eliminated AJ Styles with one move, AJ Styles performed well, but nothing spectacular. I just wasn't invested in any of it due to the storylines. The story hurt the first half of the match.

Admittedly, woman's wrestling is notorious for botching and this match was no different, however, the woman's EC match was entirely enjoyable. As stated before, I'm a huge bayley/banks fan, so there could be bias here seeing them win the inaugural titles, but I thought every element of it was played out well. How Nia destroyers herself allowing the two teams to take out Tamina. The whole segment in the middle where every wrestler got a chance to show off their finisher moves. The emotional ending with Banks overcoming 2on1 odds and altering her submission hold due to her injury. 

Ricochet was the most exciting thing I’ve watched on raw in what feels like forever

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Ricochet was the most exciting thing I’ve watched on raw in what feels like forever

All these NXT guys are fantastic.

That Raw was pretty damn good! Easy to do when you bring up 4 of the most electrifying talents from NXT. 

I have fears with bringing up these guys without clear paths... I hope WWE has learned from their past mistakes of call ups! 

The Riot vs. Ronda match was great, but storyline sense made no sense to give Riot another shot. Served the purpose of making Ronda look like a beast. 

I don’t think those were call ups, per se. 

After the Bayley/Sasha promo, I think WWE is about to get nuts and treat the brands like territories where wrestlers will float around. If the unify titles eventually and try it, I’m all in.

Or I could be way off base.

Well guys, this is the end of the line for me -- I won't be coming back to the site as I am no longer following the White Sox.

Special shout out to @Brian as I feel you helped me see the positives in current wrestling and also were willing to let the past be the past and move forward with constructive conversations. 

Take care friends. 

I popped for Batista. Rare surprise.

Good get for Mania exposure.

For being the last PPV before WM and for it being FastLane.  This show was absolutely fantastic.  Mandy/Asuka match was blah and the women tag match was beyond awful mainly because Nia Jax and Tamina don't deserve to be on the roster.  They are both terrible.  

Other than that, I loved it

I saw everything but Shield match. Doesnt sound like I need to go back to watch. I

The 4 way US match and 3 way title match were excellent. Never thought I'd see Kofi this over but here we are.

Hope they're able to get some steam behind SETH v Brock going forward.

Was a fan of the show outside of the women's match (first time in a while). How long are they gonna sell Becky's injury for? Till Mania? That ending was pretty weak for me.