Tampa Bay @ Chicago GT

soxfan49

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Tampa area for the winter, I get to see a lot of the Rays. They get good starting pitching and Archer is good but they are an awful team. Remind me of some of the past expansion teams. A few good young players and veterans and the rest look like AAA material. More amazing, they are going w a 3 man rotation. They went into the year wanting a 4 man and one got hurt so they changed to a 3 man and use days off and bullpen day to get through. This franchise needs an implosion.

the Sox should sweep as long as they get by Archer.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 07:30 AM)
Living in Tampa area for the winter, I get to see a lot of the Rays. They get good starting pitching and Cobb is good but they are an awful team. Remind me of some of the past expansion teams. A few good young players and veterans and the rest look like AAA material. More amazing, they are going w a 3 man rotation. They went into the year wanting a 4 man and one got hurt so they changed to a 3 man and use days off and bullpen day to get through. This franchise needs an implosion.

the Sox should sweep as long as they get by Cobb.

Do you mean Archer? Cobb isn’t on the team anymore and was never as good as Chris.

If they couldn't hit Cy Fiers yesterday, I have a hard time being optimistic they'll hit Archer much. This is as a close to a guaranteed "L" we've seen so far this year, especially with MiGo going.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 07:44 AM)
Wouldn't mind if this game is just called and we get to the point where the weather is warming up tomorrow. Had enough of watching baseball in Bears weather.

I'm actually thinking they moved this game up to cancel it sooner. There is no reason to play the Tampa Bay Rays today. Play 2 on Wednesday when it might actually be 50.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 09:22 AM)
If they do play I can't imagine more than like 4k are there.

I'd take the under. The Cubs home opener at the same time, I have no idea who would actually look forward to attending the Sox game today. I love going. I have zero interest. If they play 2 on Wednesday, I will go for sure.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 09:30 AM)
I'd take the under. The Cubs home opener at the same time, I have no idea who would actually look forward to attending the Sox game today. I love going. I have zero interest. If they play 2 on Wednesday, I will go for sure.

My friend had an extra ticket to the Cubs Brewers game on Saturday so I decided to go with him know there wouldn't be a delay, postponement, or watching in 20 degree weather. F***ing awesome watching a game comfortably when its like 20 degrees out. The final result sucked, however.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 09:35 AM)
My friend had an extra ticket to the Cubs Brewers game on Saturday so I decided to go with him know there wouldn't be a delay, postponement, or watching in 20 degree weather. F***ing awesome watching a game comfortably when its like 20 degrees out. The final result sucked, however.

The actual weather, and the anticipated weather really costs the White Sox big at the gate. Unless you are on a plan, who is going to pick April games to attend? If there was a roof, Family Sunday would have drawn pretty big numbers yesterday. 11k announced, probably less than 10 actually there.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 09:35 AM)

Been to Miller Park a handful of times. What a great place to watch a game.

Retractable roof is the way too go in this climate. IMO

I'm a purist in football. I think battling the elements is apart of the nature of that sport. Baseball? Snow, freezing rain, cold... etc... It has no place.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 09:30 AM)

This may compete with Sox/Baltimore from 2 years ago.