southsider2k5

2018-19 NCAA Basketball thread

Wow. Years ago I’d have felt like it was nice to beat Illinois but man now you just expect it. 

4 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I plan to!

Wigginton let them down again. That’s two games. 

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Wigginton let them down again. That’s two games. 

That dead period where KU went on a run mid-second-half was a killer. And yeah some of those late shots too.

A bit surprised Nebraska lost at Rutgers.

Iowa has MSU at home, at Minnesota, MICH at home and then at Indiana.

Just hoping they can win one of those games, 2 would be great and virtually guarantee an NCAA berth unless they completely fall apart down the stretch.   After they started B10 play 0-3, it looked like the entire season was on the brink.

Check on fathom!

Probably won't last but still funny.

7 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Illinois!

There's definite improvement. The Illini finished last year 102nd in KenPom. This year, while their record is worse, they're at 78. All of the best players are freshmen and sophomores too.

It almost looks like Indiana has quit on Miller. If you watch any Illinois games you definitely couldn't say the same thing.

Kansas is as dirty as it gets, but it's pretty ridiculous that a kid cant play for two years ago because his "guardian" pocketed $2,500. And the kid came from Africa a few years ago solely for basketball.

Big 10 refs have been more brutal this year then ever. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, Boogua said:

There's definite improvement. The Illini finished last year 102nd in KenPom. This year, while their record is worse, they're at 78. All of the best players are freshmen and sophomores too.

It almost looks like Indiana has quit on Miller. If you watch any Illinois games you definitely couldn't say the same thing.

Underwood gets two more seasons to figure this out.  I'm not going to worry about losses in his second season with how good the underclassmen look

I haven't watched a lot of ball this year so far, and most of it is Iowa State games. But I happened to catch part of St Johns vs Duke and oh my lord, Zion Williamson. That dude isn't just good or really good, he's a beast. Just doesn't even belong on a college court.

6 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Illinois upsets Michigan State. Ayo is a star

The fire Underwood group has gotten pretty quiet.

23 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Illinois upsets Michigan State. Ayo is a star

The last few weeks is what Underwood has envisioned.  With such a young, inexperienced team, we knew it was going to take a while.  This is a glimpse into the future and it's extremely exciting right now.

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

The last few weeks is what Underwood has envisioned.  With such a young, inexperienced team, we knew it was going to take a while.  This is a glimpse into the future and it's extremely exciting right now.

Until Ayo leaves after this year :)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Until Ayo leaves after this year :)

I don't think he will.  He's good, but not NBA good right now.  Late first round, 2nd round project.  

He can't really create on his own and not that fast or athletic.  Needs to improve on that to have a chance in the NBA.