southsider2k5

2018-19 NCAA Basketball thread

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Doesn’t sound serious thankfully

That would have been a devastating blow to the NCAA tournament.

Bet the shoe reps are really getting grilled about right now...granted, he's such a force of nature, it's not completely surprising he literally exploded through his sneakers.  Don't think I've ever seen anything like that, not making a cut or feint.   That dude's built like Karl Malone or Robert Tractor Traylor.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, NorthSideSox72 said:
  • Win on the road at Oklahoma
  • Lose at HOME to TCU
  • Win on the road at #18 Kansas State
  • Lose at HOME to BAYLOR

This team is driving me batty. And usually, any good ISU team is nearly unbeatable at Hilton.

The TCU game they had no idea how to defend a high screen. The Baylor game they lost every 50/50 play. Plus, the zone Baylor plays tries to bait you into taking stupid shots, and we complied.

Classic mistakes:

1. Getting involved in a land war in Asia

2. Going to Assembly Hall in February.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Classic mistakes:

1. Getting involved in a land war in Asia

2. Going to Assembly Hall in February.

Did Indiana win a home game in February?

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Did Indiana win a home game in February?

It has been a bad week for any ranked big 10 team to come there. We just did Purdue a lotta favors. 

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It has been a bad week for any ranked big 10 team to come there. We just did Purdue a lotta favors. 

It's a shame they'll win conference with that cupcake schedule. Michigan or Michigan state should won Big 10 tourney.

Just now, Brian said:

It's a shame they'll win conference with that cupcake schedule. Michigan or Michigan state should won Big 10 tourney.

Sparty woulda but for one team. At least I can enjoy that.

Ha Ha, Jimbo's Drinke! You didn't win conference! In your face!

Oh wait...

SIU hires Bryan Mullins as HC.

me, Brian, and Rowand44 all cheer wildly.   There are a few other salukis in here who I am sure are also happy

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

SIU hires Bryan Mullins as HC.

me, Brian, and Rowand44 all cheer wildly.   There are a few other salukis in here who I am sure are also happy

I am quite excited.  Nice to have some energy come back into the program. A lot of the fan base should be re-energized by this. 

The lack of discussion demonstrates how laughably bad this tournament has been.  Only a couple of watchable games so far.  

Also, the Porter family has incredible genes when it comes to basketball talent but they unfortunately clearly also have bad genes when it comes to durability based on the sisters’ constant knee injuries, Michael’s back and now Jontay’s knees.  

15 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The lack of discussion demonstrates how laughably bad this tournament has been.  Only a couple of watchable games so far.  

Also, the Porter family has incredible genes when it comes to basketball talent but they unfortunately clearly also have bad genes when it comes to durability based on the sisters’ constant knee injuries, Michael’s back and now Jontay’s knees.  

I'm not saying it's the raw vegan diet...but I'm also not not saying it.

Is Illinois jinxed? No offense, but the Underwood hire was a slam dunk and now he is facing a crucial year three. Meanwhile Beard who was no hotter a coach prospect than Underwood has struck gold? 

LOL.  The Smith family filed allegations on Underwood about abusive language and mistreatment, ect.  Underwood got cleared today.

Man, that kid and the family are so soft.  

On 4/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, GGajewski18 said:

LOL.  The Smith family filed allegations on Underwood about abusive language and mistreatment, ect.  Underwood got cleared today.

Man, that kid and the family are so soft.  

He was such a POS in the Missouri game.  Like it's Illinois' fault his basketball talent is not as advertised.  

Underwood is a tough SOB but that's his style and his players love him.

Edited by AustinIllini