White Sox vs Rays 1:10 pm

Kyyle23

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 09:55 AM)
Hopefully Fulmer builds off the 1st start where his stuff looked damn good. Will the Sox hit with RISP today? i hope so.

With a left-hander on the mound. Typically we fair much better. Let's hope that's true today.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 11:36 AM)
Why the hell is Saladino in the lineup again?

Looks like since there is a lefty and to give Yolmer a day off. I guess if you're going to play your backup and rest your starter, its better to do it when the platoon advantage makes sense (even if Saladino does suck).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 11:36 AM)
Why the hell is Saladino in the lineup again?

On the bright side, at least he's actually in the field and not DHing again. If he's gonna play, you might as well take advantage of his defense.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 11:48 AM)
Looks like since there is a lefty and to give Yolmer a day off. I guess if you're going to play your backup and rest your starter, its better to do it when the platoon advantage makes sense (even if Saladino does suck).

Other than loyalty I'm really failing to see why Tyler is still around. He's so old that even if he proves he's healthy he's already on the downside of his statistical peak. There's zero upside here.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 12:28 PM)
Other than loyalty I'm really failing to see why Tyler is still around. He's so old that even if he proves he's healthy he's already on the downside of his statistical peak. There's zero upside here.

My guess is when Cordell comes up, it's at the expense of Tyler (DFA, maybe). You'd still have Leury, Yolmer, and even Cordell capable of filling his backup IF role.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 12:30 PM)
My guess is when Cordell comes up, it's at the expense of Tyler (DFA, maybe). You'd still have Leury, Yolmer, and even Cordell capable of filling his backup IF role.

Makes sense. It seems clear that Sox don't think Davidson is a 3B (hasn't played an inning there so far) so I guess that's why Tyler is around for now. Cordell can backup 3B? I guess Yolmer and Leury would be the emergency SS then with Cordell at 3B.

Or if Cordell is your primary backup CF then Garcia is your primary backup SS/2B/3B.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 12:42 PM)
If we are going to struggle against teams on 7 game losing streaks we might as just tell the fans to stay home until July.

You must be new here. Welcome to the rebuild. If you are looking for a winning team, you might want to check back in a year or two.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 11:44 AM)
You must be new here. Welcome to the rebuild. If you are looking for a winning team, you might want to check back in a year or two.

Where did I say I was looking for a winning team? The vibe and expectation for this team was to show something. And something would be not getting swept at home by bad teams. We want to attract top tier FA's after this season so it's really important for us to not be a complete bottom feeder.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 01:03 PM)
Where did I say I was looking for a winning team? The vibe and expectation for this team was to show something. And something would be not getting swept at home by bad teams. We want to attract top tier FA's after this season so it's really important for us to not be a complete bottom feeder.

lol, your expectations are way too high for this season, and way too micro. Good teams get swept by bad ones over 162 games. Besides, only the tip of the iceberg is even here for the rebuild players.

And if we want to get FA's here after this year, there is one language that they all speak. $.