White Sox vs Rays 1:10 pm

Kyyle23

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:19 PM)
My exact point. IDK why he is still switch hitting.. I don't care how young he is. He needs to go complete lefty.

I really don't think he'd do any better as a LHH vs LHP. Give him more time as a righty. In the past, he has been better from the right side than the left.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:21 PM)
I really don't think he'd do any better as a LHH vs LHP. Give him more time as a righty. In the past, he has been better from the right side than the left.

Can you show me the stats? I was never ever under the impression that he was a good RH hitter. I could be wrong.. but.. prove it

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 03:22 PM)
Fulmer will be an amazing reliever.

With Rodon, Kopech, Gio and Lopez I don't see Fulmer as anything more than back of the rotation arm anyway...he'll be a good long man, and could potentially be a nice setup guy if he can find 2 pitches to locate.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:23 PM)
Can you show me the stats? I was never ever under the impression that he was a good RH hitter. I could be wrong.. but.. prove it

They're minor league stats but here you go

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register...l&year=2015

.951 OPS as a righty, .753 as a lefty.

Interestingly, that completely flipped the very next season:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register...l&year=2016

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:23 PM)
With Rodon, Kopech, Gio and Lopez I don't see Fulmer as anything more than back of the rotation arm anyway...he'll be a good long man, and could potentially be a nice setup guy if he can find 2 pitches to locate.

He's very good if he only has to pitch an inning or two at a time. Obviously that isn't what we hoped for when the Sox drafted him, but he could still be a valuable contributor on the next good Sox team.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:27 PM)
He's very good if he only has to pitch an inning or two at a time. Obviously that isn't what we hoped for when the Sox drafted him, but he could still be a valuable contributor on the next good Sox team.

If he never fixes his command he'll be a reclamation project the rest of his career.