White Sox vs Rays 1:10 pm

Kyyle23

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 06:02 PM)
Tampa sucks also

Tampa Bay is a team w Denard Span and 8 other hitters you never heard of. Where have you gone Evan Longoria....................

Edited by SCCWS

1) I never thought I would see a White Sox team as bad as the 1970 White Sox team, a team that lost 106 games. This 2018 White Sox team looks as bad so far this season. This team looks like it could easily lose over 100 games. When you have a starting rotation with only one starter with a ERA under 5.00 you're in trouble.

2) The thing that I simply can't understand is this lovefest some White Sox fans have for Rick Hahn. This is his 6th year as GM. He has yet to have one team with a winning record. The team has been near the bottom in standings, attendance, and Tv ratings during his 6 years. The Chicago Tribune doesn't even have beat reporter covering the team on a full time basis. After the 1970 season the White Sox made major changes in their management team. They brought in Roland Hemond and he helped turn things around. If this team continues to lose games I'm hoping there are some major changes in the front office at the end of the season. If Rick Hahn had been a GM for most other MLB teams and been this unsuccessful he would have been gone by now.

3) Both Abreu and Avi Garcia have indicated they would like to remain here with Chicago. I really wonder if that is true. I would like to think they wouldn't be too heartbroken going to a contending team. Chris Sale, Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana don't miss the White Sox one bit. I couldn't blame Abreu and Avi Garcia if they wanted out of here.

Edited by WBWSF

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 06:47 PM)
18 is going to be a very long year.........Tim Anderson at SS long term defensively may not work out. Sign Machado to play SS this winter, move TA to CF

Yeah because Machado is going run for the opportunity to play on a 60 win team.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 07:39 PM)
1) I never thought I would see a White Sox team as bad as the 1970 White Sox team, a team that lost 106 games. This 2018 White Sox team looks as bad so far this season. This team looks like it could easily lose over 100 games. When you have a starting rotation with only one starter with a ERA under 5.00 you're in trouble.

2) The thing that I simply can't understand is this lovefest some White Sox fans have for Rick Hahn. This is his 6th year as GM. He has yet to have one team with a winning record. The team has been near the bottom in standings, attendance, and Tv ratings during his 6 years. The Chicago Tribune doesn't even have beat reporter covering the team on a full time basis. After the 1970 season the White Sox made major changes in their management team. They brought in Roland Hemond and he helped turn things around. If this team continues to lose games I'm hoping there are some major changes in the front office at the end of the season. If Rick Hahn had been a GM for most other MLB teams and been this unsuccessful he would have been gone by now.

3) Both Abreu and Avi Garcia have indicated they would like to remain here with Chicago. I really wonder if that is true. I would like to think they wouldn't be too heartbroken going to a contending team. Chris Sale, Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana don't miss the White Sox one bit. I couldn't blame Abreu and Avi Garcia if they wanted out of here.

Regarding Rick Hahn, if this re-build does not work (See 2020), then I guaruntee you no one will love him. Right now it is a waiting game. And it is extremely difficult to remain patient. We are used to watching Sox teams that are SUPPOSED to win and don't. That's why we (including myself) are reacting this way. Except, this team isn't SUPPOSED to win. Hahn and co has even hinted at it himself. We are not supposed to win for a couple more years. Better get the popcorn and watch these players develop. My hope is in 2 years we will be saying (damn remember that 2018 season...I can't believe we watched that s***!!!)

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 07:14 PM)
Regarding Rick Hahn, if this re-build does not work (See 2020), then I guaruntee you no one will love him. Right now it is a waiting game. And it is extremely difficult to remain patient. We are used to watching Sox teams that are SUPPOSED to win and don't. That's why we (including myself) are reacting this way. Except, this team isn't SUPPOSED to win. Hahn and co has even hinted at it himself. We are not supposed to win for a couple more years. Better get the popcorn and watch these players develop. My hope is in 2 years we will be saying (damn remember that 2018 season...I can't believe we watched that s***!!!)
Yeah this team isn't suppose to win but still this looks like a out and out DISASTER. This team looks like it can rival the 1962 Mets team for losses. (They lost 120 games that season) Hahn has been here for 6 seasons, seasons "Mired in Mediocrity" as he has said. His contract should have never been renewed last year.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:20 PM)
Yeah this team isn't suppose to win but still this looks like a out and out DISASTER. This team looks like it can rival the 1962 Mets team for losses. (They lost 120 games that season) Hahn has been here for 6 seasons, seasons "Mired in Mediocrity" as he has said. His contract should have never been renewed last year.

You do know the Sox are in the middle of a rebuild, right?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:23 PM)
You do know the Sox are in the middle of a rebuild, right?
Right, and the thing that scares me is Hahn is the one in charge of the rebuild.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:31 PM)
Right, and the thing that scares me is Hahn is the one in charge of the rebuild.

Other than giving away Tatis, I really don't think any of the trades under his regime have proven to be that bad yet. I was never a fan of the Rutherford deal but even he still has potential.

If the Sox are still this bad in 2 years, then I'd agree with you, but I think it's still too early to say.

This team is not nearly as bad as is being presented. Team wRC+ is 128 (league avg is 100) and we're in the top five in OBP and HR. The starting pitching is terrible, but also young with upside. They will still probably win ~70 games and have almost no money committed beyond this year. Stop being such babies.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:33 PM)
Who do you think should be in charge, and why? Go.
Last year I heard thru the grapevine that Hahns contract was going to be expired. I really thought he wouldn't be renewed. turns out I was wrong. But I really thought Hahn wouldn't be back. I figured afte 5 years of the team being "Mired In Mediocrity" he would be gone. I remember when Larry Himes was the GM for a few years. He drafted well and made some good trades and the team won 94 games in 1990. JR showed his appreciation after the season by not renewing his contract. JR even blasted Himes in the media saying he wasn't the man for the job and he didn't think he could bring the team from point C to point A. The White Sox almost made the Playoffs in 2012 and after the season JR made Hahn the GM. He has taken this team from Point C to almost Point Z. I thought Hahn wouldn't be back so I wrote JR a letter. I've had contact via the mail since 1981 with JR. At times he has responded to me. He has even help me acquire some items for my White Sox memorabilia collection. I wrote him a letter last year and told him if Hahn is not going to be rehired, I would like to interviewed for the job as the new GM. I'm not only a life long White Sox fan (something Hahn isn't), I think I'm a good evaluater of MLB talent If I was the GM of the team for 5 years and was as unsuccessful as Hahn has been I would walk out the door and hang my head in shame. I didn't get a response from JR to my letter.

In all fairness, Hahn was ham-stringed in terms of the approach of the organization until last offseason.

We can re-litigate moves like Dunn (KW), Robertson, Cabrera, LaRoche...but so far he's done well with the exception of the Shields deal (after that 23-10 start was starting to go south and they were desperate to stay competitive) and the uncertainty surrounding Rutherford as a prospect.

Of course, the other big question marks are their record in terms of drafting (Burger, Collins and Fulmer immediately come to mind)...but the jury's far from out on that one (drafting under Hahn and now, specifically, Hostetler), especially pitchers like Hansen, Burdi and of course, Rodon. Anderson looks like a keeper, but we've had more busts than the majority of the other MLB organizations, particularly in the position player department.

The really difficult thing to ever completely insure against is catastrophic injuries to prospects...with the only solution there being to cover up with a boatload of quality/depth (see Astros) to serve as insurance policies for topline guys like Jimenez, Kopech, Hansen and Luis Robert.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 09:52 PM)
Last year I heard thru the grapevine that Hahns contract was going to be expired. I really thought he wouldn't be renewed. turns out I was wrong. But I really thought Hahn wouldn't be back. I figured afte 5 years of the team being "Mired In Mediocrity" he would be gone. I remember when Larry Himes was the GM for a few years. He drafted well and made some good trades and the team won 94 games in 1990. JR showed his appreciation after the season by not renewing his contract. JR even blasted Himes in the media saying he wasn't the man for the job and he didn't think he could bring the team from point C to point A. The White Sox almost made the Playoffs in 2012 and after the season JR made Hahn the GM. He has taken this team from Point C to almost Point Z. I thought Hahn wouldn't be back so I wrote JR a letter. I've had contact via the mail since 1981 with JR. At times he has responded to me. He has even help me acquire some items for my White Sox memorabilia collection. I wrote him a letter last year and told him if Hahn is not going to be rehired, I would like to interviewed for the job as the new GM. I'm not only a life long White Sox fan (something Hahn isn't), I think I'm a good evaluater of MLB talent If I was the GM of the team for 5 years and was as unsuccessful as Hahn has been I would walk out the door and hang my head in shame. I didn't get a response from JR to my letter.

He is probably too busy getting your office set up. Let him know if you want mahogany or oak.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)

is this real life?

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)

Wat.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 10:48 PM)
Avi looking like 2016 Avi

That's cause he's batting second. Ridiculous. Good job, Ricky. Avi looks completely lost for the first time since two seasons ago. He's not a No. 2 hitter for gawd sakes.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 10:53 PM)
Davidson's improvement in plate discipline so far this year has been remarkable.

It's funny how some of the advanced stats people are giving Davidson love when eyetest man "Greg" actually sees him as blowing chunks so far this season. Save for the four nice bombs.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 10:56 PM)
They gave it their best

El Rockin remains best Sox fan in history.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:14 AM)
Except, this team isn't SUPPOSED to win. Hahn and co has even hinted at it himself. We are not supposed to win for a couple more years.

Ah, the joy of the tank. It's great for job security of GMs. Did you hear Benetti's podcast before the opener when he said there was out and out joy from all the fans at Soxfest this year. Everybody loves tanking/rebuilding. And it's so good for GMs of teams. They are beloved for sucking.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:31 AM)

I'm not a huge Kenny Williams/Hahn guy. If we get good, I will give them their due.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:02 AM)
After 10 games the season is ovah? They are 2.5 games back.

This team has not won a fricking home game yet. This team blows IMO.