Rays @ White Sox 4/11/18 1:10 PM

Jose Abreu

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 10:09 AM)
So it's one of the Rays' bullpen games?

Looks like it. In his other start, they limited him to 54 pitches. If we get deep into counts and stay patient, he could be gone in the 3rd.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:23 PM)
Forbes valuations came out today. Yankees $4 billion. Sox $1.5 billion. Not bad.
Maybe JR will sell the team now. $1.5 billion is a lot of moola.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:38 PM)
Maybe JR will sell the team now. $1.5 billion is a lot of moola.

It that is what you are hoping, you are going to be a bit disappointed. Why would he sell at this point? I could see if he was in his 50s or 60s and had a great chance of enjoying 20 more years of life with that windfall, but he's in his 80s, and this is pretty fun for him. He will die owning both teams.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:54 PM)
It that is what you are hoping, you are going to be a bit disappointed. Why would he sell at this point? I could see if he was in his 50s or 60s and had a great chance of enjoying 20 more years of life with that windfall, but he's in his 80s, and this is pretty fun for him. He will die owning both teams.

Honestly the one thing that stands out to me is with the changes in tax laws, there is less incentive than ever to sell before he dies.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:28 PM)
Avi looks like old Avi right now, he's guessing up there.

Avi's approach at the plate has been the most discouraging part of this home-stand to me. Hoping it's just a passing thing. He looked good in KC/TOR.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:33 PM)
I really don't remember the games being this painful last year. Huh.

Better weather today, but I think it’s bad all over baseball because of the tough weather. Just have to hope things look a little cleaner in a couple weeks and they get a few wins before then.