Rays @ White Sox 4/11/18 1:10 PM

Jose Abreu

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:34 PM)
Avi's approach at the plate has been the most discouraging part of this home-stand to me. Hoping it's just a passing thing. He looked good in KC/TOR.

other than the first 6-8 weeks of last season there has been absolutely no difference in his batted ball profile. He's still not pulling the ball with any authority and still hits way too many ground balls.

he's a 270/320/430 hitter with decent defense and solid baserunning. 1.5 to 3 WAR player. Is what it is.

Should probably be traded.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:41 PM)
other than the first 6-8 weeks of last season there has been absolutely no difference in his batted ball profile. He's still not pulling the ball with any authority and still hits way too many ground balls.

he's a 270/320/430 hitter with decent defense and solid baserunning. 1.5 to 3 WAR player. Is what it is.

Should probably be traded.

I agree. He benefited from his BABIP more than any player in baseball. I expected a regression in numbers, but definitely thought his approach improved last year. Probably benefited from the weight loss too, IMO. I don't disagree on trading him. Still holding out hope that the improvement continues, but this home-stand has been rough.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)
Yoan missed a hanger there.

That's happened quite a bit this series, not just from Yoan. Missing a lot of hittable pitches. Not squaring up the ball.

Who knows, maybe this is the inning they turn it around.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:57 PM)
I'm not sure what to make of this mess right now. The lack of adding any starting pitching depth is troubling I know they are not going to win often but this rotation can't be helpful to a team.

Well, the depth is in the minors. It's there. It's just not time yet. Kopech, Hansen, Dunning, Guerro, Adams. Probably forgetting some names. Plenty of depth there. Not to mention Rodon in June. Umm, Santiago can start.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 03:12 PM)
Well, the depth is in the minors. It's there. It's just not time yet. Kopech, Hansen, Dunning, Guerro, Adams. Probably forgetting some names. Plenty of depth there. Not to mention Rodon in June. Umm, Santiago can start.

I read teh FS writeup on the first week last night, some really strong pitching performances all up and down the minors. Good sign early.