Rays @ White Sox 4/11/18 1:10 PM

Jose Abreu

So I'm gonna write this and hope someone can confirm:

Rondon was released

-Rondon could have then signed for a major league deal for any amount and years

- When he signed for a minor league deal, he was then constrained by service time when he was brought up, so the sox still have his rights for 3 years

Is this correct? Or could he have only signed for this type of deal?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 03:31 PM)
So I'm gonna write this and hope someone can confirm:

Rondon was released

-Rondon could have then signed for a major league deal for any amount and years

- When he signed for a minor league deal, he was then constrained by service time when he was brought up, so the sox still have his rights for 3 years

Is this correct? Or could he have only signed for this type of deal?

I believe he was DFA'd, but otherwise, I believe that is correct. The Sox control the rest of his arb years.

Outside of some early bumps in each start. Shields has pitched like a Major Leaguer - I'll give him that.

Be nice if he could position himself for some decent value around the deadline. I'll bet somebody will still bite on the big name and "big game experience" label if he manages a decent first half.

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 05:39 PM)
Outside of some early bumps in each start. Shields has pitched like a Major Leaguer - I'll give him that.

Be nice if he could position himself for some decent value around the deadline. I'll bet somebody will still bite on the big name and "big game experience" label if he manages a decent first half.

If he pitches like he did in August and September, and I guess today, I think we'll see him moved for a Ti'Quan Forbes kind of player. Or just for cash.