Rays @ White Sox 4/11/18 1:10 PM

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:01 PM)
C'mon man, this is a bad take. Let the kid pitch a full year in MLB before u say he's an automatic closer.

I'm not saying those who think he couldn't be a good starter or even an ace are wrong, but those thinking he's an automatic starter are overly optimistic. There is very significant reliever risk there.

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:03 PM)
I think he's slowed down a tiny bit as he got stronger/older. Still plus speed, but can't see him running wild is he turns into a slugger

Honestly it all depends. TA showed speed from 1st to 3rd but little to 1st. Suddenly that's translating.

The diamondbacks are some of the best baserunners in baseball.

If he's still plus speed it can be tapped into at any second.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:04 PM)
Because he doesn't have enough service time. According to Baseball Reference anyway.

That sounds off (not saying you are wrong with the info).

He was released, those service tiem limits should only apply if control is kept. He was released and free to sign, he could have signed for anything couldnt he have?

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:02 PM)
They just are WILD takes based on no actual evidence, aside from "a hunch"

No, I read Fangraphs and listen to BP podcasts often. I read lots of scouting reports. Some of them say things that most people don't want to hear. With Eloy and Kopech, the scouting reports are wildly different. The variance of outcomes is so high. Will they probably be MLB players, yes. Some think Eloy is a DH now, and others think Kopech won't throw enough strikes to start. When I see wildly different scouting reports on guys, I take all of them into account and this is what I see. I have seen very few reports that suggest Eloy isn't anything but a butcher in the field.

Edited by Jack Parkman

Wow those were some bad ABs, thought I was watching the Sox in offense! In all seriousness thank god for a win, six losses on the home stand would be too demoralizing. Good job to Shields (eh), Rondon, Jones, Davidson, and the rest!