White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 12:54 PM)
goodness. hopefully they win tonight and just fly back to Chicago.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:07 PM)
It would be nice if the Twins did that for the Sox.

Play two on June 4th and 6th, and deal with it.

I'll never forget the time flavum said that for about a week straight last year only for it not to snow or rain that weekend.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:09 PM)
I'll never forget the time flavum said that for about a week straight last year only for it not to snow or rain that weekend.

It didn’t rain, but they still could have postponed for cold vs a division team that’s coming back. Playing under 40 degrees when the team is coming back is dumb.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:54 PM)
goodness. hopefully they win tonight and just fly back to Chicago.

Or better yet, why not Milwaukee? It's closer There's a roof, and the Brewers are away this weekend in New York. Weather isn't supposed to be all that great in Chicago this weekend either, at least not for playing baseball.

I think they made these kinds of accommodations for the Astros last year after the hurricane.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:59 PM)
Or better yet, why not Milwaukee? It's closer There's a roof, and the Brewers are away this weekend in New York. Weather isn't supposed to be all that great in Chicago this weekend either, at least not for playing baseball.

I think they made these kinds of accommodations for the Astros last year after the hurricane.

Because the Twins are never going to punt 3 or 4 home games. Why would they?

I'm going tonight (I live in Mpls). I have tickets to all 4 games. See basically no chance Friday and Saturday gets played. Sunday should be clear of rain and snow by 10am-noonish, but it will be 30 degrees and will have precipitated for the better part of the previous 48 hours. So there is a chance for Sunday, but probably worse than a coin flip.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:33 PM)
Because the Twins are never going to punt 3 or 4 home games. Why would they?

I'm going tonight (I live in Mpls). I have tickets to all 4 games. See basically no chance Friday and Saturday gets played. Sunday should be clear of rain and snow by 10am-noonish, but it will be 30 degrees and will have precipitated for the better part of the previous 48 hours. So there is a chance for Sunday, but probably worse than a coin flip.

Agree that Milwaukee isn’t a good option now. This isn’t like when teams have to move for hurricanes. They have a common off date on June 4th to play two, and they should just play two on the 6th or 7th also. Them sticking around until Sunday to play in brutal conditions doesn’t make much sense. Play tonight, and come home is the common sense move.

Here's every Avi at bat:

Pitch 1: Fastball taken for a strike

Pitch 2: Slider out of the zone, swinging strike

(add some amount of foul balls/draws)

Pitch N: Ground out weakly to the left side

Edited by daggins

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 01:16 AM)
avi garcia is an earth worms worst enemy.

Moncada and Abi obviously do not like batting 1 and 2 in the lineup. Seems Hahn/Ricky are trying to hide some of our weaker hitters. Just let Yolmer or Leury lead off even if they are not ideal candidates either. Or Saladino. Let him play for 2 weeks and see if he gets good. Seems dumb to let Moncada and Avi suck when they are good hitters.

Edited by greg775