White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:59 PM)
Now this is something the three of us agree on lol

I usually use the enemy’s at bats as my time to take s***s, cook dinner, rough house with the kids, and so on. I hear Engel is a great defender. So, does his arm always suck that bad or was that pop up an exception?

Also, why are we being stingy over one run in the 3rd inning. Get the out, please (and of course, it comes back to bite us).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:59 PM)
Doesn't show his velocity in Charlotte

There was a lot of doom and gloom about his velocity in Charlotte early last season, but no we don't have hard measurements. I don't know how you could look at that and not be really concerned about it. It's not 100% evidence of something that can't be flukey, but it's certainly much more probable than not that his "true" velocity irrespective of time of season/weather is on a downward trend.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:05 PM)
There was a lot of doom and gloom about his velocity in Charlotte early last season, but no we don't have hard measurements. I don't know how you could look at that and not be really concerned about it. It's not 100% evidence of something that can't be flukey, but it's certainly much more probable than not that his "true" velocity irrespective of time of season/weather is on a downward trend.

the velocity drop wouldn't be too concerning if he had a nasty curve and good changeup but FFS where is all this "stuff" he was supposed to have?

I gotta say that Parkman thread comparing his stuff to Floyd's looks absolute bonkers wrong right now.

As I said, he looks like James Shields.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:51 PM)
He never said anyhing about his physical gifts or his talent. The argument is that s*** doesn’t matter if he keeps striking out

Moncada has plus-plus bat speed, plus raw power, plus-plus speed, walks at a double-digit rate, and has a strong ass arm. Those tools/skills will allow Moncada to be a damn good player despite a high K rate. That’s our side of the argument. That and the fact that he’s 22 years old and will f***ing get better.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 01:05 AM)

I think his mechanics just suck right now. Not worried about an injury, but also never really thought he'd be more than a bottom of the rotation starter

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:04 PM)
Why does Stone keep talking like Giolito had a good curve last year? He legit had two swing and misses on it all year. He looks like total garbage

Pretty much all of the Sox prospects except Lopez look like garbage right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:10 PM)
Giolito absolutely getting killed by bad defense and 50/50 calls behind him...that's at least 4-5 ER's that he shouldn't have on his record.

he has 6 strikeouts in 12 innings. that's not going to work even with the 2016 Cubs defense behind him.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:05 PM)
I usually use the enemy’s at bats as my time to take s***s, cook dinner, rough house with the kids, and so on. I hear Engel is a great defender. So, does his arm always suck that bad or was that pop up an exception?

Also, why are we being stingy over one run in the 3rd inning. Get the out, please (and of course, it comes back to bite us).

His arm is pretty bad TBH. He’s had a few embarrassing throws this season.