White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

guys I'm not going to lie tonight is the first time I've doubted that Hahn is the right man for the job.

the player development in this org is absolutely putrid at every level, but especially at the MLB level. I think there are serious problems with how the org both IDs and develops talent. if players do succeed it will be despite it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:59 PM)
Is that you Kenny Williams? Sounds like every first rounder you drafted except Sale in the last decade.

I’m being sarcastic. He has a lot of fans on this board and they’ll just tell you he’s physically gifted and crushes the ball, and there’s no bringing it up or they treat you like you’re dumb as s***

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:03 PM)
it's early but ricky is on the clock. team looks absolutely lifeless and sloppy and is not ready to play on a nightly basis. that's a manager issue.

Lol Ricky is not on the clock

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:04 PM)
Stone is not impressed by Moncada or the organization tonight. Good for him

they are sitting around feeling sorry for themselves you can just see it in the body language. you're pro players I don't care if it is a rebuilding year against a young ace on a 35 degree night show some f***ing desire.

honestly I'd like to see moncada break a cooler tonight. not any body parts, but show some passion. if you're going to be the stoic type you better at least come to the plate with a clue. obviously I've reached a point after a few drinks but this is chicken s*** stuff.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:03 PM)
it's early but ricky is on the clock. team looks absolutely lifeless and sloppy and is not ready to play on a nightly basis. that's a manager issue.

It's a talent problem too. The Sox are running a ton of overhyped prospects and career AAAA players out there on a nightly basis.

I am somewhat concerned that Yoan does not understand that pitches in the strike zone are strikes and will be called against him. He spends a lot of time admiring them, perhaps enjoying the arc in their motion, or the whizzing sound as it passes by, and very little time swinging at them.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:06 PM)
I am somewhat concerned that Yoan does not understand that pitches in the strike zone are strikes and will be called against him. He spends a lot of time admiring them, perhaps enjoying the arc in their motion, or the whizzing sound as it passes by, and very little time swinging at them.

It’s cold out. He’s 22. He’s from a warm weather country. He hits the ball hard. Give him time

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 03:06 AM)

He's currently a guess hitter that can't hit offspeed pitches when he looks for them and is fouling off hitable fastballs. Currently, his hit tool and bat control are non-existent. He was simply horrible all around tonight. Hopefully this is the lowest point for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:10 PM)
He's currently a guess hitter that can't hit offspeed pitches when he looks for them and is fouling off hitable fastballs. Currently, his hit tool and bat control are non-existent. He was simply horrible all around tonight. Hopefully this is the lowest point for him.

I don't see that. I see a guy that is completely off timing wise. Give him a day off if they play tmr yea hopefully this is is. His approach is alright but where is that lighting quick swing we saw turn around fastballs at the end of last year and in the spring?

How many 92-95 mph fastballs right down the middle can a guy swing through and have any success? not nearly this many. forget the off speed problems if you can't hit fastballs you're f***ed.

of course right now that describes about 1/3 of the lineup so he's not f***ing alone in that problem.

Avi is nearly as bad in his own pathetic way right now and don't even get me started on Engel.

This offense is starting to remind me of the Ventura years when they were scoring three runs or less 45% of the season.

They need two or three days of snow/postponements to get their heads out of their asses and start fresh.

Guys look absolutely lost right now including Moncada although he's not the only one.

Bummer by the way has allowed six of his eight inherited runners to score and Giolito seems to have no control right now (weather could be a factor).

Anderson continues on his way of making either a mental or physical error at least once a game.

You just hope 2020 comes along fast and things work out.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:31 PM)
Whatever the case, not impressed with his managing.

Yea the team doesn't quit, that's good, but so many other red flags with him. Right now it doesn't matter though.

We have seen no evidence that Rikki is a savvy manager. We are just supposed to assume that because he works well with young players. I would give more props to Paul Molitor, Gardy and even Alex Cora to name a few. I would have even rolled the dice on AJ and felt better about it. A manager needs an identity, self-confidence and a strong personality to succeed. Rikki and Robin seem to have little. We could have hired Dave Martinez who was long available. Maybe they just want a role playing team guy for manager. I remember that Robin and Mike Matheny were hired at the same time, both inexperienced. Enough said.