White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:27 PM)
Dude, you can’t be pessimistic about the young guys. This organization has failed to spot actual talent for over a decade, and yeah, their current prospect crush has a terrible strikeout habit, but you gotta have faith. Our front office has earned the right to not be questioned by the likes of you, thanks very much.

By all means call out his strikeout rate, but you sound like an idiot when you talk like Moncada isn’t one of the most physically gifted players in baseball and wasn’t a consensus #1 overall prospect like a year or so ago. If he fails it won’t be because the organization failed to identify talent or developed a “prospect crush”, it will be because they still haven’t figured out to develop players with swing & miss issues.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:34 PM)
By all means call out his strikeout rate, but you sound like an idiot when you talk like Moncada isn’t one of the most physically gifted players in baseball and wasn’t a consensus #1 overall prospect like a year or so ago. If he fails it won’t be because the organization failed to identify talent or developed a “prospect crush”, it will be because they still haven’t figured out to develop players with swing & miss issues.

You're talking to a guy who thought it was ridiculous to call his .200 average a misnomer. There's no point in trying

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:20 PM)
I know it's tempting, but let's not feed the troll guys

Sorry, kid, but wiseass remarks aren’t a great rebuttal to the fact that our cornerstone prospect in this rebuild strikes out 35% of the time. Do better.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:36 PM)
Sorry, kid, but wiseass remarks aren’t a great rebuttal to the fact that our cornerstone prospect in this rebuild strikes out 35% of the time. Do better.

Ok, that's fair. His wOBA is .294 but his xWOBA is .384. Better?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:34 PM)

Who is talking like he isn’t physically gifted? I don’t think anyone cares if he was physically gifted or not. We just want him to strikeout less and get on base more.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:34 PM)

For what it is worth, the whole league is striking out a lot more than in years past

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:37 PM)
never been there but on TV this park looks generic AF with mediocre sight lines.

Has Benetti never been to Pittsburgh, Seattle, Milwaukee or Boston? Those 4 parks, for my money, are the best in baseball (I’ve never been to this park)

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:40 PM)
Has Benetti never been to Pittsburgh, Seattle, Milwaukee or Boston? Those 4 parks, for my money, are the best in baseball (I?€ve never been to this park)

not sure. I've been to about half the parks in MLB but only safeco out of those . of the one's I've been to camden, safeco and AT&T are my favs. least favs are probably comerica and rogers centre.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:40 PM)
Has Benetti never been to Pittsburgh, Seattle, Milwaukee or Boston? Those 4 parks, for my money, are the best in baseball (I’ve never been to this park)

Pittsburgh is an absolutely awesome park. It's location, proximity to the Ohio River, the city as a backdrop is dead set one of the finest baseball experiences I've encountered.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:34 PM)

He was. I can’t and won’t deny that. That’s as much a fact as his k-rate. But prospects fail. When prospects show a 35% k-rate in their first 300 MLB PAs, that possibility seems more likely.

And I’ll add, unlike some, I realize this is a BS season. Let Moncada play 160 games. Let him lead off for every one of those. If he strikes out 230 times, it’ll be time to have a conversation about his importance in the future of this team. But, while I’m wary right now, I have no desire to see big changes right now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:42 PM)
not sure. I've been to about half the parks in MLB but none of those four. of the one's I've been to camden, safeco and AT&T are my favs. least favs are probably comerica and rogers centre.

So you have been to Seattle? :lol: I said Seattle as 1/4 and you said you’ve never been to any of those 4

Never been to Camden Yards but I plan on going in july

Edited by soxfan49