White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:43 PM)
Pittsburgh is an absolutely awesome park. It's location, proximity to the Ohio River, the city as a backdrop is dead set one of the finest baseball experiences I've encountered.

on TV it looks absolutely stunning. before my dad passed he went to a game there and raved about it as well.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:36 PM)
Who is talking like he isn’t physically gifted? I don’t think anyone cares if he was physically gifted or not. We just want him to strikeout less and get on base more.

Um, the guy whose post I just replied too? Maybe you haven’t followed his posts in these game threads, but he talks like Moncada is a talentless hack. The strikeouts are an issue that need to be addressed, but Moncada can still be a damn good player with a higher average K rate and Stryker doesn’t understand or believe that.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:44 PM)
on TV it looks absolutely stunning. before my dad passed he went to a game there and raved about it as well.

It is. Your dad was spot on. I've also been to Camden Yards...Pittsburgh blows it away and Camden is nice as well.

Another great thing about Pittsburgh is the weather can be temperate and breeze coming in over the river in the summer seems to keep it from being brutally hot, great sight lines you can get a great ticket for 15 bucks....people sit out on their boats in the river and watch the game from their boats (not the yokels in john boats trying to get the random baseball)...its an event.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:36 PM)
Ok, that's fair. His wOBA is .294 but his xWOBA is .384. Better?

Sure. But I’m not a huge sabes guy. What does that mean and how does it negate whiffing 35% of the time? My lasting viewpoint, FWIW, is that hitting it hard doesnt mean much when you often don’t hit it at all. Not that revolutionary, but it doesn’t seem like Benetti agrees.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:45 PM)
Um, the guy whose post I just replied too? Maybe you haven’t followed his posts in these game threads, but he talks like Moncada is a talentless hack. The strikeouts are an issue that need to be addressed, but Moncada can still be a damn good player with a higher average K rate and Stryker doesn’t understand or believe that.

I think I’ve used detailed hypotheticals to show that’s not the case. If he gets his Ks down, he can absolutely be a star. But if it doesn’t improve drastically, he’s not going to be the player we need him to be.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:42 PM)
not sure. I've been to about half the parks in MLB but only safeco out of those . of the one's I've been to camden, safeco and AT&T are my favs. least favs are probably comerica and rogers centre.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who hated Comerica.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:45 PM)

He never said anyhing about his physical gifts or his talent. The argument is that s*** doesn’t matter if he keeps striking out