4/12 Games

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:23 PM)
I can't get excited about prospects anymore until they come up to the bigs and have success there. Moncada and Giolito have taught me that. Also, whether or not the guy is a young player, everything about spring training means nothing. Velocity readings for pitchers, whether or not they have their command, whether a hitter shows power or a good eye, nothing. Only the regular season or playoffs matter, and it has to be in the Majors. Nothing matters until there. All the levels of minor league baseball are for is to weed out those who clearly can't make it at the big league level.

How about the Japanese Minor Leagues?

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:23 AM)
I can't get excited about prospects anymore until they come up to the bigs and have success there. Moncada and Giolito have taught me that. Also, whether or not the guy is a young player, everything about spring training means nothing. Velocity readings for pitchers, whether or not they have their command, whether a hitter shows power or a good eye, nothing. Only the regular season or playoffs matter, and it has to be in the Majors. Nothing matters until there. All the levels of minor league baseball are for is to weed out those who clearly can't make it at the big league level.

Moncada and Gio were both called up late last year and have both shown great promise aside from some unfortunate luck and lacking plate discipline from Moncada...These guys are kids

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 07:30 AM)
Ti'Quan Forbes has 7 walks already (only 2 strikeouts). For a kid whose plate discipline coming in was suspect, that's pretty impressive.

Yrizarri has also been impressive. Only one walk so far (which is improvement), but he’s cut the K rate down to 8.3% and he’s actually demonstrating some power. I mentioned it the other day, but Yrizarri & Forbes are exactly the type of fringe prospects you want filling out rosters rather than the typical low ceiling org guys.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 07:42 AM)
Yrizarri has also been impressive. Only one walk so far (which is improvement), but he’s cut the K rate down to 8.3% and he’s actually demonstrating some power. I mentioned it the other day, but Yrizarri & Forbes are exactly the type of fringe prospects you want filling out rosters rather than the typical low ceiling org guys.

Yeah it's the early .200+ ISO that's really nice to see. Also considering his defensive reputation really nice to get him work with Omar Vizquel.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 06:16 AM)
Pleasantly surprised how well Fisher is handling BIR early

debbie downer response: It was around this time last year I was like "Dang Brett Austin seems to have figured it out offensively!" and then he hit like .050 the rest of the year.

Cordell needs a breather,maybe the kid really felt he was gonna make it with the OD big league roster and has been kinda overthinking to start the year. He's definitely not this bad.

Edited by TheTruth05