Schoenfield links Sox to Machado, Donaldson, Price

caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:42 PM)
He doesn't link them. He calls them "potential fits"

That doesn’t exactly slide well into the title of a thread...if I had written ESPN instead of the author, it would be worse since he typically writes “speculative” articles like Phil Rogers rather than breaking actual stories.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:03 PM)
Not sure why we are never linked to Harper.

Probably has to do with our owner never dishing out rich contracts, combined with the general invisibility of the White Sox

Schoenfield kind of sucks, and generally doesn't know anything about anything, so I wouldn't read much into this.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:54 PM)
Probably has to do with our owner never dishing out rich contracts, combined with the general invisibility of the White Sox

Schoenfield kind of sucks, and generally doesn't know anything about anything, so I wouldn't read much into this.

Yeah, I am sure, but that doesn’t follow that we would be a player for Machado then. Harper is actually a much better fit for us.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:54 PM)

And you don’t think Machado’s going to get a rich contract?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:03 PM)
Not sure why we are never linked to Harper.

I've wondered this myself. This off-season is kind of an ideal time for us to do that. Honestly, 400+ mil, though... F that.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:37 PM)
And you don’t think Machado’s going to get a rich contract?

Not a record setting one... Not the biggest one in American sports hitstory... lol. Asking price ain't gonna come in a around half a billion.

For the record, I’d have Arenado higher on my wish list than Machado

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 06:42 PM)
Where did I say that? I don't think the Sox sign either of them, or Donaldson for that matter.

Your comment was in response to the Harper question, and you only commented on Harper. You could have said “Harper will be too expensive and I think the others will also be”

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:07 PM)
For the record, I’d have Arenado higher on my wish list than Machado

Your comment was in response to the Harper question, and you only commented on Harper. You could have said “Harper will be too expensive and I think the others will also be”

Lol yeah, I could have said some totally extraneous stuff not related to the question, you're right.