Matt Holliday

Brandon Moss

Jhonny Peralta

Brandon Phillips

Carlos Ruiz

Ruggiano

Geo Soto

Richie Weeks

Blanton, Collmenter, RA Dickey, Feldman, Garza, Grilli, U.Jimenez, Lackey, Locke, Peavy, Zach Putnam, Qualls, Trevor Rosenthal, Drew Storen, Huston Street

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:53 PM)
Caulfield has just took name dropping to the next level. Literally a post of like 40 names without a single other word. Well done my man.

You actually have to read the article to understand...should I copy and paste the entire thing?

The list is comprised from the remaining veteran free agents at MLB Trade Rumors. I would have thought that was obvious?

Now, in this present case, the examples from the Giants "reloading" are big contract guys like Longoria, former MVP's still in their early 30's (McCutcheon) on expiring contracts...then you have Austin Jackson (washed up with us), Gregor Blanco and Tony Watson.

It's not at all unlike what the WHITE SOX did entering the 2005 season (granted, F.Garcia was close/r to his prime, and Dye/Pods were hardly OLD by any stretch of the imagination.) Or the Red Sox before their most recent World Series winner.

Of course, it's too late to turn back now. Eaton still gets hurt. Quintana is a solid pitcher for a playoff team, but not an ace in the traditional sense. Sale is Sale. We still don't know 100% if he can win the big game. But the cows are already out of the barn. It would (HOWEVER) be interesting to know if Hahn had the ability to go back into the heart of the 2016 season (pre Shields trade in the early season) and KNOWING that the free agent market in 2018 would come back to the White Sox, would he still choose the same path?

Of course, the returns on those 3 trades would arguably have been lesser, if not impossible to put together.

And the attendance wouldn't have been significantly different unless we actually put together a playoff team and broke the decade long streak.

Edited by caulfield12

Caulfield, I’m just teasing bud, but you could have summarized the arguments in the article or added your own viewpoint.

I do give you style points for listing all the positional players in a vertical format and the pitchers in a side by side format.

Edited by Chicago White Sox