Juan, 2B

insiderinfo

I really don't like him at second base. It's been messing up his swing so much. His trip to the minor leagues hleped, but I think he should go back to hitting right handed only. He was more patient and saw more pitches. He is an under rated shortstop with a cannon for an arm. Why did Ventura moved him to 2b? Does he think Ozzie didn't know is a a good shortstop? He strikes out way too much now. Tony thinks he is gonna come around and start peppering the ball all over the field. I don't think he will every be the same until he goes back to swinging right handed and plays shortstop.

Are these the best boards for sox talk? I cna't find the boards on the whitesox website no more. :unsure:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (insiderinfo @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:27 AM)
I really don't like him at second base. It's been messing up his swing so much. His trip to the minor leagues hleped, but I think he should go back to hitting right handed only. He was more patient and saw more pitches. He is an under rated shortstop with a cannon for an arm. Why did Ventura moved him to 2b? Does he think Ozzie didn't know is a a good shortstop? He strikes out way too much now. Tony thinks he is gonna come around and start peppering the ball all over the field. I don't think he will every be the same until he goes back to swinging right handed and plays shortstop.

Are these the best boards for sox talk? I cna't find the boards on the whitesox website no more. :unsure:

By "Juan," do you mean Yoan Moncada? What is the connection between playing second base and not swinging well?

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:55 AM)
What just happened here?

Robin f***ed up Juan by making him a 2B. Ozzie knew what he was doing playing him at SS, but he needs to quit the switch hitting. If he would only hit right handed, Tony thinks he would be really good. But he does need to go back to SS.

You really can't argue with it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 10:41 AM)
I agree Ozzie doesnt know what he has in Uribe as a SS. Something tells me he will make the move over from 2B eventually though and we may even win a world series because of it.

We already did, Tony and I were watching. It was a good trade to get Juan back, but he should be moved back to shortstop. Tony thinks he just needs to get used to being in the big leagues, but I don't know

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:10 AM)
Juan Uribe will always be with this team in spirit, so the original post is entirely valid as is.

He is a a leader of the team and just needs time relearn some of the skils he had. Venturia needs to move him back to shortstop too.

QUOTE (insiderinfo @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:14 PM)
He is a a leader of the team and just needs time relearn some of the skils he had. Venturia needs to move him back to shortstop too.

Robin is on it, I assure you

QUOTE (insiderinfo @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:10 PM)
We already did, Tony and I were watching. It was a good trade to get Juan back, but he should be moved back to shortstop. Tony thinks he just needs to get used to being in the big leagues, but I don't know

I think Tony is right. The trade to get him back was great, and he needs to go back to SS. If he only hits right handed and stays at SS, Juan should have a great career.