Don't see how Sox/Twins get a single game in this weekend

Richie

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminnea...nderstorms-snow

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/USMN0503:1:US

It'll rain all day and then start snowing tonight prior to the scheduled first pitch. It ain't going to stop until very late Sunday either.

They're looking at up to 20 inches of snow. Temps in the 20's Saturday and Sunday with winds steady at 20+ MPH. Windchill will be downright frigid. It's going to be an historic storm for April.

Honestly, fine... This team probably can't wait to get to Cali.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:26 AM)
Already snowing heavily here in Minneapolis.

Gotcha. Yeah, it says it's just rain right now on weather websites. You're there, though... lol. I trust you.

Doesn't look good.

My gosh

How stupid is it for that team to have an outdoor ballpark?

They really have it backwards. Put the Vikings outdoors and the Twins inside. Dummies. The one sport that can play in this is cozied up in a dome. While the baseball team is forced to endure this crap.

Edited by Richie

QUOTE (Sarava @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:37 PM)
Yeah, it's bizarre that they wouldn't at least put a retractable roof on a baseball stadium up there.

I think it was the difference between the stadium being financially feasible and not. Its not like adding a retractable roof is a small expense. But I agree....definitely a climate that a retractable roof would be ideal.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:38 PM)
I think it was the difference between the stadium being financially feasible and not. Its not like adding a retractable roof is a small expense. But I agree....definitely a climate that a retractable roof would be ideal.

I know it would cost a lot more money (obviously) but would be so worth it.

They should definitely have made TF with a retractable roof but I don't think anyone expected 20" of snow in mid April either. They should just call it a weekend already, no chance they play any of the remaining 3 games this weekend.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 03:00 PM)
It has actually stopped snowing / sleeting here in Mpls, and Radar looks relatively clear for next 2 hours, but picks back up early evening.

It's a wonder why they didn't just push it to like 3 o'clock central time. Sure you'll lose fans but the game will at least have a reasonable shot at getting pplayed.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 02:03 PM)
It's a wonder why they didn't just push it to like 3 o'clock central time. Sure you'll lose fans but the game will at least have a reasonable shot at getting pplayed.

Ehh. Its not exactly sunny.

It will be interesting to see what they do this weekend. Weather sucks, but it's also tough to postpone an entire series.

U.S. Bank Stadium (where the Vikings play) is actually configured for baseball, as the University of Minnesota plays early home games there. I wonder what it would take to play a couple of games there.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 03:47 PM)
It will be interesting to see what they do this weekend. Weather sucks, but it's also tough to postpone an entire series.

U.S. Bank Stadium (where the Vikings play) is actually configured for baseball, as the University of Minnesota plays early home games there. I wonder what it would take to play a couple of games there.

Wrote this a bit ago, but Adam Hoge said this is not an option due to a motocross event already booked for the weekend.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 04:47 PM)

it's booked for something else. this series is OVAH. probably for the best. just go get s***faced and get yourself mentally ready to play on Monday or whatever.

I would guess they’ll play two on June 4th, and if Sunday gets called, another two on the June 6th or 7th.

If they have weather problems in that series, then the Twins may be forced to play home games at Sox Park.

It gets tricky for Twins since they’re good...they probably don’t want to play a doubleheader the final weekend of the season no matter what.