Don't see how Sox/Twins get a single game in this weekend

Richie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 12:39 PM)
True, you'd think they'd have a retractable roof at least. Don't know about cost issues at the time with them but the people spoke. They wanted outdoor baseball and who can blame them? I would never want to go to a game indoors but I would accept it if I had to on a day they'd close the roof.

Ehh I guess since baseball in the summer.. But have you been to the Viking football stadium? Honestly sometimes indoors can be just fine...

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 05:13 PM)
Open date June 4th.

6/4 (2)

6/5

6/6 (2)

6/7

I give the Twins credit they were not going to force fans and players to attempt to work through this weather. Kudos to them, unlike some other teams.

Even Maddon of the Cubs in his postgame today came out and categorically said they should have never played the game at Wrigley Saturday.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 07:52 PM)
I give the Twins credit they were not going to force fans and players to attempt to work through this weather. Kudos to them, unlike some other teams.

Even Maddon of the Cubs in his postgame today came out and categorically said they should have never played the game at Wrigley Saturday.

Two biggest differences- it was good enough to get the game in, and it was against a team not coming back to town. The Sox are going back to Minnesota twice and it is a blizzard.

I have no doubt if Chicago weather was good tomorrow they would have played two tomorrow.

As far as beefs with the Twins, they should have called off all three games Thursday night and let the Sox fly home or out to Phoenix to workout at Camelback a couple days before going to Oakland.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 11:09 PM)
Why would they ever do 3 double headers in one series? They will spread them out

As a negative Nancy, can you imagine us losing all 6 games? Minnie, depending where it is in the standings, will be licking its chops. The Twins could make up a lot of ground, or expand their lead in the division BIG TIME with the patsie Sox in town for six in 3 days. If I were the Twins I'd be ALL FOR THAT setup. 5-1 or 6-0.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 01:27 AM)
Two biggest differences- it was good enough to get the game in, and it was against a team not coming back to town. The Sox are going back to Minnesota twice and it is a blizzard.

I have no doubt if Chicago weather was good tomorrow they would have played two tomorrow.

As far as beefs with the Twins, they should have called off all three games Thursday night and let the Sox fly home or out to Phoenix to workout at Camelback a couple days before going to Oakland.

Disgraceful. Twins should have sent the Sox home after the first game. Hope the Sox charter is safe and gets out of snowville. It's snowing in KC. Are u guys getting snow tomorrow? Usually our weather heads your way.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 08:32 AM)
These make up games aren’t all that bad for a team in the White Sox position as they get to bring up a guy for the DHs. Hopefully someone somewhat interesting, but probably not. For when they actually contend, 4 make up games and counting isn’t ideal.

Its nice they go there in September when rosters are expanded.