4/14 Games

flavum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 09:45 PM)
I would say Robert has some health concerns to go with Adolfo

This is why you try and accumulate this many guys though, more guys equals more chances to pan out. I like what we have seen so far out of W-S at least.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 09:21 PM)
We would all absolutely love watching Adolfo and Eloy manning 2/3rds of our outfield for 5+ years. Their personal history along with The Bess attitude in baseball... fun times to hope for.

Yeah, my dream OF would Jimenez in LF, Robert in CF, & Adolfo in RF. Those three could combine for 100+ HRs easy at the Rate.

It's good to see the OF guys are off to a good start. I just realized how scary this our infield crop is, especially in the middle of the field. What we have in the majors if all we have. Double Y may be the best infield prospect in the system right now.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 10:23 PM)
It's good to see the OF guys are off to a good start. I just realized how scary this our infield crop is, especially in the middle of the field. What we have in the majors if all we have. Double Y may be the best infield prospect in the system right now.

I’d argue Curbelo but given the fact he hasn’t made full season that doesn’t paint a rosy picture either. Would be nice if one of our LatAm signings could become a viable middle infield prospect. I had high hopes for Nunez but he had a pretty rough 2017. Maybe we get lucky with Sosa, we’re bound to hit on one of those guys.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 09:42 PM)
That's a hell of a prediction for those first three with Robert having no at bats here on the mainland outside of ST and Micker never being healthy. Eloy is obviously the bessss though.

Especially considering just a year prior, Adolfo had a bleek future and was getting written off. I'd actually be shock if he reaches his potential but I'm rooting for him. Robert just needs to freaking stay healthy. Has all the tools. We'll see with him. Not worried about Eloy.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 12:34 AM)
Is Patrick Leonard AAAA fodder or someone to watch? I saw he was playing 3B for Charlotte (though he was DH tonight) and he's hitting .281 there, though the OPS isn't impressive at the moment. Thoughts?

Filler...on a tier below Skole and Palka.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 10:23 PM)
I am quite confident that 4 of Eloy/Robert/Adolfo/Rutherford/Basabe will be solid MLB players

Quite confident Eloy and Robert will be major superstars, Basabe possibly a star/very good player, and Adolfo and Rutherford could both be very solid MLers

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 08:55 AM)
Really good to see Booker raking and playing well, that OF is insane

Even Rutherford is hitting well (Not much power)

I assume Adolfo is DL bound soon however so that clears things up slightly

Why do people think Adolfo is DL bound soon? I’ve seen this in three spots now and I’m confused to why so many people believe this. I know someone mentioned the Sox Talk podcast specifically mentioned 100 at-bats but I listened to this and they were simply trying to remember what was said. I found a quote from Hahn and he actually said Micker could get “a couple hundred” at-bats even if surgery is needed. And again, it’s not known yet if surgey will be needed. The White Sox originally expressed optimism that he might be able to rehab the elbow while DHing.

So yeah, I think it’s a little too early to say this will clear up the OF glut in High A. Booker is 24 years old and really needs to be challenged against more age appropriate competition to see what we have in him. I think he gets moved up to AA as soon Robert is back. And if Basabe keeps this up, he won’t be too far behind Booker. I could see both of those guys playing for the Barons by June with Polo moving up to AAA to make space.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 07:53 AM)
Small sample but Tyler Johnson has a filthy

Good shot he winds up in BIR by the end of the year

Can someone explain how MLB Pipeline translates the following ratings, for Johnson, into an overall 45 rating?:

Fastball: 65 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

The only way that makes any sense is if the Control Factor is very heavily weighted.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 08:41 AM)
Can someone explain how MLB Pipeline translates the following ratings, for Johnson, into an overall 45 rating?:

The only way that makes any sense is if the Control Factor is very heavily weighted.

And because he profiles more as a reliever?

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 08:41 AM)

There’s a few guys you’ll see like that. Ian Clarkin comes to mind. In his case I’m thinking they took his health into consideration. For Johnson I would guess it’s being a RP.