4/14 Games

flavum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 07:44 PM)
No doubt, would be awesome to turn him into a top 100 caliber prospect. The tools are clearly there to make a massive jump this year.

I put him as my dark horse in that biggest surprise, disappointment and dark horse thread.

He defintely has all the tools. Lets hope he puts it all together this year as some here already wrote him off at 21.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 02:19 AM)
Alternatively, adding another outfielder would give us a definite area of strength to trade from rather than a gamble that a draft pick will help the areas of weakness.

Completely understand and respect that viewpoint

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 08:04 PM)
I will get yelled at for this, but I hope they take Bohm or Madrigal instead of Swaggerty due to this

100% agree. I’d be fine with a HS OF in the 2nd round, but that first pick should be an infielder or pitcher. Bohm to me makes the most sense if he’s there.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 08:51 PM)
They said it was 2 to 3 MPH slow on the broadcast earlier, but that probably doesn’t explain that droppoff.

If its three off, thats fine. There were a bunch of 95s, so 98 in reality. I think he also pitched yesterday or the day before, so maybe just a little tired still. I'm gonna try and not worry about it until someone who is in attendance brings it up.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 08:51 PM)
They said it was 2 to 3 MPH slow on the broadcast earlier, but that probably doesn’t explain that droppoff.

Correct. I was wondering why I saw Kopech at 96-97 until the broadcasters said that (still fast, but he was really at 98-100)

Well maybe I will freak out a little bit

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 07:23 PM)
100% agree. I’d be fine with a HS OF in the 2nd round, but that first pick should be an infielder or pitcher. Bohm to me makes the most sense if he’s there.

We can’t count on Avi, but we really just need a couple out of Delmonico, Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, Cordell, Booker, Fisher, Call, etc.

Then we can’t 100% rule out Leury, even.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 09:04 PM)
Well maybe I will freak out a little bit

FutureSox posted an update and said he 98 & 99 in his second inning of work.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 05:56 PM)
Adolfo is a f***ing beast. He already has the body of an in their prime major league slugger. If he can keep the K rate down, he’s gonna be an absolute monster.

We would all absolutely love watching Adolfo and Eloy manning 2/3rds of our outfield for 5+ years. Their personal history along with The Bess attitude in baseball... fun times to hope for.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:42 AM)
That's a hell of a prediction for those first three with Robert having no at bats here on the mainland outside of ST and Micker never being healthy. Eloy is obviously the bessss though.

I would say Robert has some health concerns to go with Adolfo