4-15 Minor League Gamethread

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 01:42 PM)
The mlbfarm website is now a part of the mlb website and is tons better (imo) than the milb one

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/prospects/stats/affiliates

Yeah the alignment on mobile kinda gets off but the box score integrated with the scores is nicer. Harder to follow actual game though.

Micker with a homer

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 02:15 PM)
As far I as I know they have not determined yet that he’ll require surgery.

Yeah, I believe the whole point of him DHing is the alternative to surgery, and said surgery would only occur if something goes wrong with the natural healing process

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 02:16 PM)
Yeah, I believe the whole point of him DHing is the alternative to surgery, and said surgery would only occur if something goes wrong with the natural healing process

They are going to try and not have the surgery but that doesn't mean they are going to let him play the field for half the year. Keston Hiura didn't play 2B for a whole year when he had this injury and he still had a scare during spring training. I highly doubt they let him play the outfield this year.

Also, injury aside, they had him do two years in rookie ball and two years in low A and now they are going to promote him through advanced A after 2 months?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 01:16 PM)

Him DHing is to get him at bats and not lose more playing time. Best case scenario is elbow will heal with out surgery is what they are hoping but he could still need it which would put him out 8 to 9 months. That's why he's DHing is to get him as many at bats as possible

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/26...-scare.amp.html

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)
Assuming he doesn’t go out for the 8th, this will be Clarkin’s final line:

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 6 K, 0 BB

Excellent start to to season for him.

Yeah no kidding, I thought Birmingham was aggressive for him.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 02:39 PM)
They are going to try and not have the surgery but that doesn't mean they are going to let him play the field for half the year. Keston Hiura didn't play 2B for a whole year when he had this injury and he still had a scare during spring training. I highly doubt they let him play the outfield this year.

Also, injury aside, they had him do two years in rookie ball and two years in low A and now they are going to promote him through advanced A after 2 months?

Because he wasn't good at those levels until last year? It's not like it's rare for a 17 year old kid to be stuck in rookie ball/low A for awhile

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 04:08 PM)
Assuming he doesn’t go out for the 8th, this will be Clarkin’s final line:

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 6 K, 0 BB

Excellent start to to season for him.

Definitely think he's a ML starter one day, hard to see it here though

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:51 PM)
Because he wasn't good at those levels until last year? It's not like it's rare for a 17 year old kid to be stuck in rookie ball/low A for awhile

Yeah, but you don't put all that work into him putting it together to promote him before he is ready and destroy his confidence when he can't hit again. He is on fire right now, let's let him cool off a bit before we start talking about promoting him.

There’s no rush...you don’t move him until after mid June, when the MILB all-star games are played.

The Sox will want those guys to win together as a unit and progress on a fairly similar timeline. Plus I feel they are supportive of Vizquel as manager and want to see him succeed, at least win the First Half playoff spot.