4-15 Minor League Gamethread

Chicago White Sox

I just don’t see a need to be aggressive with Adolfo. Booker & Call are 24 & 23 respectively and will likely be pushed ahead of Micker no matter the results. And while Basabe is also 21 like Micker, he’s also spent quite a bit of time in High A and should also be prioritized in terms of promotion. I think best case scenario for Adolfo is getting a brief stint with Birmingham to end the season and that’s assuming he does not require surgery.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 04:24 PM)
Yeah, but you don't put all that work into him putting it together to promote him before he is ready and destroy his confidence when he can't hit again. He is on fire right now, let's let him cool off a bit before we start talking about promoting him.

I never said we should promote him right now, I meant at least a couple months

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 07:14 PM)
I never said we should promote him right now, I meant at least a couple months

I never implied that you said we should promote him right now. I said its too early to be talking about promoting him, which you are. And even June, which you referenced as the time which he would be back in the field and as such the time he should be promoted, would be too early. I'll say it again: he is on a hot streak right now, so we have to see what he is like when he cools off before we talk about promoting him.

I never have read ANYWHERE they had a plan to play him in the outfield this season...that they were going to go as far as they could getting him as many at-bats as possible at DH, then likely go with the surgery and shut him down.

Or HOPE the injury healed on its own and wait until 2019 for him to return to RF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 07:45 PM)
I never have read ANYWHERE they had a plan to play him in the outfield this season...that they were going to go as far as they could getting him as many at-bats as possible at DH, then likely go with the surgery and shut him down.

Or HOPE the injury healed on its own and wait until 2019 for him to return to RF.

On the White Sox Talk podcast, they said the plan was to get him 100 ABs, and then go to surgery. I'm wondering if it will coincide with Robert's return to W-S.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 01:52 AM)
On the White Sox Talk podcast, they said the plan was to get him 100 ABs, and then go to surgery. I'm wondering if it will coincide with Robert's return to W-S.

Those guys were simply trying recollect what Hahn said and I believe they were wrong. Hahn said at least a couple hundred at-bats for Micker if surgery was needed and it doesn’t appear that has been decided yet.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?con...83&sid=milb

This ball as absolutely crushed by Adolfo...looked like a changeup or hanging slider

387 ft homer to lcf on low/outside fb

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?con...83&sid=milb

The White Sox are hopeful that outfield prospect Micker Adolfo can avoid elbow surgery, at least for now, and perhaps open the season as the designated hitter for Class A Advanced Winston-Salem.

"He swings the bat without pain," White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said. "The consensus from the doctors is that he will not do additional damage from hitting."

Adolfo was diagnosed with a tear in the flexor muscle and a strain of his ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow after reporting soreness following throwing drills last week. Hahn cautioned that Adolfo -- the White Sox No. 14 prospect -- may still need surgery at some point.

"Doesn't mean there won't potentially be a surgery to repair this later in the season," Hahn said. "The goal is let's get as many at-bats as we can reasonably get in 2018. We thought that was a preferable path to missing the entire '18 season.

"Now, as Micker knows, he has to speak up if something changes, if he starts feeling pain or for whatever reason, there's a change in there. Again, our doctors don't think there's a heightened risk from him hitting doing additional damage, and we don't foresee it being an issue. But if it is, we'll adjust."

For his part, Adolfo, who was limited to 91 games by injuries from 2015-16, was happy with the plan.

"It doesn't bother me hitting, so I'm really going to take advantage of this time and continue getting better as a hitter and figuring things out," he said. "Hopefully, that helps.

"It's like a blessing. The team knows what's best. We have a plan and hopefully that plan works out. I know it will. Obviously, it sucks that I'm not going to be able to play defense and continue working out in right field, but this is a major opportunity for me to get better at the plate. That's what they pay you for at the big league level." Mlb.com

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:51 PM)
Kanny postponed due to weather.

The Dash are in a delay in the top of the 8th. If the game resumes, Sheets & Adolfo will lead off the inning.

Birmingham about to start game 2 of their double-header. Collins at catcher, no Zavala in the lineup.

Why do they insist on giving Courtney Hawkins ABs?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:57 PM)
I just don’t see a need to be aggressive with Adolfo. Booker & Call are 24 & 23 respectively and will likely be pushed ahead of Micker no matter the results. And while Basabe is also 21 like Micker, he’s also spent quite a bit of time in High A and should also be prioritized in terms of promotion. I think best case scenario for Adolfo is getting a brief stint with Birmingham to end the season and that’s assuming he does not require surgery.

I agree with this plan for Adolfo. He still has to continue to prove his improvement at the plate before I would even think about promoting him above high A ball.