White Sox narrowing draft targets

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 02:06 PM)
I'll personally assume these players are:

Singer, McClanahan, Mize, Turang, Gorman, Rolison, Kowar, Kelenic, and De Sedas

I don't have any inside info, and please correct me if I am wrong, but haven't the Sox been consistently connected with Swaggerty and Bohm as well?

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 03:18 PM)
I feel like your list is from months ago...

It definitely is. The guys now are Mize, Swaggerty, Bohm, Kelenic as almost definitely on the list. Madrigal and McClanahan are also probably on there. For the other spots, maybe Gilbert, Liberatore, Stewart. Our pick will probably be from one of those first four though.

It would be really interesting to see how much separation there is in their draft grades on certain guys and if they are considering an under cap pick versus an at the cap pick. Hostetler spent a lot of time talking about how deep the draft is and how guys WILL fall. If they free up some cash with the first pick, that could set them up to pick a person sliding with their second or third picks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 04:29 PM)
Isnt Thomas the assumption? Or he moves down to 3rd or 4th round and they make up the difference?

I hope this is what happens, but I feel like he might be the guy in the second. I think he is a good prospect, but he just doesn't excite me like some of the other guys that could be there in the second round. The comp I thought of for him is Charlie Tilson. Good contact, low power, good speed and fielding but bad arm. He could be a CF that hits .300 and steals 20 bases, but thats about the only profile that fits.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 10:49 PM)
Its hard to tell. I feel like the only HS guys that get talked about are the ones who have risen into the top 10 or have moved several rounds. I feel like De Sedas is probably in that 15-25 range.

I stand corrected. The new fangraphs rankings don't even have him in their top 55.