4/16 Games (Dunning, McClure)

caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 11:42 PM)
They said he?€s just started a throwing program and is effectively at the beginning of spring training.

Ah ok I missed that. Thank goodness. I know he had a similar injury in high school or college. Glad he's getting healthy.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 07:46 PM)
Dunning perhaps the victim of some bad luck. 7IP, 7K, 0BB, 8H, 1HR, 4ER. Two errors tonight for WS behind him although all his runs were earned. He had a .76 ERA coming in which "ballooned" to 2.60.

He should be in AA by June, right?

I would bet before that even. No more than a month from now.

On Zavala's defense, from what I've seen I'd put him ahead of Collins but not by much. In my viewings, in person and on MiLB TV, and talking with scouts, Zavala has a quick release and an average arm, and moves athletically from the position on defense. Handles pitchers well. But the sore spot for him was pitch blocking, which he has struggled with.

He, like Collins, is bat-first still. But there's reason to believe the blocking can improve with time for Zavala. If it does and he can be MLB average at that, then he's an average overall defender there and that works just fine.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 09:26 AM)
On Zavala's defense, from what I've seen I'd put him ahead of Collins but not by much. In my viewings, in person and on MiLB TV, and talking with scouts, Zavala has a quick release and an average arm, and moves athletically from the position on defense. Handles pitchers well. But the sore spot for him was pitch blocking, which he has struggled with.

He, like Collins, is bat-first still. But there's reason to believe the blocking can improve with time for Zavala. If it does and he can be MLB average at that, then he's an average overall defender there and that works just fine.

Of all of things I think that would be easiest to correct it is blocking pitches.