A commentary on my "hot takes" so far this season

Jack Parkman

Guys, everyone has been on me for my "hot takes" recently, where it seems that I'm being a "negative Nancy" about everything. I'm just frustrated that I'm not seeing improvement in the guys who need to be a part of the next Sox playoff team. I am being kinda reactionary to the data that I'm seeing to start the season. I'm not happy with what I've seen, so I'm calling out what I'm seeing. If it seems negative, that is because 2/3 of the guys who are important(Moncada and Giolito) have taken steps back since coming north for the season. Commentary about prospects or young players such as Collins are based on what I know about them right now. I will admit that I haven't seen much of Collins. Nothing says that any of them can't be good players in the future. I'm commenting on what I'm seeing right now. I know it isn't a good idea to make judgments on players at their worst moments, and it doesn't mean that I don't still believe that any of them (especially Moncada and Giolito) can't be very good players in the future. They both need a" fix" right now. I don't know whether or not it will happen. There are good signs they both will turn it around, and there are also signs they won't. We have to let it play out. I am commenting on what I'm seeing for that game.

I still believe in Moncada and Giolito, among others. Nobody knows what will happen in the future. Some guys will work out, some won't. We have to wait to find out. Why is it not ok to talk about what I saw last night or during tonight's game? Serious question. We have to let everything play out and see what happens. I'm not an irrational negative lout, I'm just commenting on what's happening right now. I need to lay off posting when I'm super frustrated with the team, because it makes me look like an idiot. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at yourself.

As an aside-I do think Avi sucks though.

Edited by Jack Parkman

Always better to wait at least 54-60 games to make ANY early assessments (Hawkism).

Except for Engel, perhaps...and Gonzalez might need to switch with Santiago/Volstad or be released outright if he keeps this up.

That said, they probably don't want to throw Danish, Beck, Volstad or Guerrero/Stephens into the starting mix just yet.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:02 PM)
Always better to wait at least 54-60 games to make ANY early assessments (Hawkism).

Except for Engel, perhaps...and Gonzalez might need to switch with Santiago/Volstad or be released outright if he keeps this up.

That said, they probably don't want to throw Danish, Beck, Volstad or Guerrero/Stephens into the starting mix just yet.

Agreed, have to give the season 60 games before we will have a grasp on performance. That being said, Gonzalez looked awful last night.