4/18 Games

flavum

When do publications start taking Zavala seriously as an offensive prospect? I know he’s somewhat older for a prospect, but the dude has hit at every level. His numbers so far at AA are ridiculous and he’s only improved them today with a 2/3 performance with a 2B. Even if he can’t catch, he may very well have a future at 1B/DH.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 01:36 PM)
When do publications start taking Zavala seriously as an offensive prospect? I know he’s somewhat older for a prospect, but the dude has hit at every level. His numbers so far at AA are ridiculous and he’s only improved them today with a 2/3 performance with a 2B. Even if he can’t catch, he may very well have a future at 1B/DH.

To be fair, I wouldn't even say Zavala is older for a prospect, as minor league catchers generally are older than the league average anyway.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 01:20 PM)
Why do all these highly regarded arms have control issues?

Lopez, Kopech, Cease, etc.

My guess is that guy who can throw that hard are more worried about throwing hard than mechanics and control, so they sacrifice those for speed.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 01:20 PM)
Why do all these highly regarded arms have control issues?

Lopez, Kopech, Cease, etc.

Throwing a baseball with movement and speed to a small area 60 ft away is difficult.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 12:40 PM)
Looks like he got hit around hard though with 4 2B & a HR allowed.

the HR was an inside the park HR. also heard there was a bunch of defensive "errors" that don't show up on stat sheet based off twitter reports but ruin the ER

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:29 PM)
Were all 3 of Rutherford's doubles, legitimate? Did he hit the ball hard? If so, he is definitely off to a good start.

One definitely was close to being a home run...hit off the wall or single-bounced against it.

Edited by caulfield12

• Tony unpinned this topic