Sox at Oakland 2:35 CDT: Fulmer versus Triggs

chitownsportsfan

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 01:08 PM)
That's kind of what I was thinking. He doesn't have an overpowering fastball, and his offspeed pitches aren't very deceptive. Which suggests to me he should have pinpoint control then, but that isn't there either. What am I missing?

Nothing; He hasn't passed the eye test much at all. The only thing that gave me some hope was that little run (which was totally unexpected) he had to finish last year. Outside of that, not much to like about Fulmer's performance.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:59 PM)
Nothing; He hasn't passed the eye test much at all. The only thing that gave me some hope was that little run (which was totally unexpected) he had to finish last year. Outside of that, not much to like about Fulmer's performance.

He never passed the eye test in the minors. He has been a massive bust

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 04:59 PM)
Both rushed to majors for no reason

I think Bummer is acceptable, rebuilding club, young good arm. Boone iirc jumped from A ball and was put on a team that was pseudo contending. Results are the same though

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 03:59 PM)

Fair enough. I know he's not Bumgarner. Given how early the game was, how bad the pen is, and that it was only a couple of innings, I still would have liked to see him given a longer leash through the fourth inning. Although hindsight is 20/20.

Too early to start thinking about another Top 3-5 pick in 2019?

Moncada finally made an out. If that crazy ball Granderson trapped against the wall went out in TOR, he’d have two grand salamis already and 4 homers...not to mention just missing a couple due to the wind in KC.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 05:11 PM)
Also illustrates how much MiGo being washed up hurts. Can't have him and Fulmer pitching back-to-back, as they will kill your pen

It goes MiGo-Fulmer-Shields, no? That strikes some fear into opponents hearts