Sox at Oakland 2:35 CDT: Fulmer versus Triggs

chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)
Too early to start thinking about another Top 3-5 pick in 2019?

Moncada finally made an out. If that crazy ball Granderson trapped against the wall went out in TOR, he’d have two grand salamis already and 4 homers...not to mention just missing a couple due to the wind in KC.

With this pitching staff, we are going to be pretty bad. Your best two pitchers are Lopez and Giolito, who are both young and unproven. Shields / Migo / Fulmer aren't very good, imo, with only one of those guys possessing any upside (and most of that upside is because he was a high pick so we all just hope and wish that at some point his plus stuff will arrive). You are going to lose a lot of games throwing Shields / Migo / Fullmer out there 3 out of every 5 games.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 05:17 PM)
Love seeing this from Moncada and TA with the patience

Speaking of patience, hopefully the newer posters and such have that word in their vocabulary this year since they were so up in arms already barely 10 games in.

At least from what I've noticed, it's not necessarily newer posters who have been overreacting

I thought that Garcia had struck out... I'll take the run though.

Glad we scored off of Pagan. This guy annoys me with how long he takes between each pitch, can't stand it --- thought the umpires were supposed to do something about that these days.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 06:27 PM)
those are just mental or physical gaffes though. He's always busted his ass.

True. I've always been a fan of his work ethic, don't get me wrong. I think Renteria talked to him last year and told him the reason he was making so many defensive miscues was because he was not always anticipating the ball hit to him. I guess he was fantastic at snagging balls during practice, but that's because he was always anticipating the ball. Seems like that has been addressed.