Sox at Oakland 2:35 CDT: Fulmer versus Triggs

chitownsportsfan

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:32 PM)
But man would he have loved it here if he got to experience the culture for a season!!!

I mean I thought it might be a good idea. But at this point it doesnt matter at all. The chances we sign a major free agent next offseason are near zero playing like this. Unless Eloy and Kopech come up. The team would need to do a 180.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 19, 2018 -> 01:34 AM)
I mean I thought it might be a good idea. But at this point it doesnt matter at all. The chances we sign a major free agent next offseason are near zero playing like this. Unless Eloy and Kopech come up. The team would need to do a 180.

I know he's a Cubs fool but Kaplan on the radio said he thought the Sox weren't going to go after big name guys this offseason but could the one after. He acted like he heard that from someone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:36 PM)
I know he's a Cubs fool but Kaplan on the radio said he thought the Sox weren't going to go after big name guys this offseason but could the one after. He acted like he heard that from someone.

I mean they dont really have a choice playing like this. Rick Hahn better have some magic up his sleeve for free agency.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:32 PM)
But man would he have loved it here if he got to experience the culture for a season!!!

Let's be real. If they brought MM in they wouldn't have thrown that sh!t show of a pitching staff together. They would have tried to at least win 75 to 80 games. I think they are underestimating the ability to use the rebuild as an excuse. Free agents want to see signs of potential winning and fans will tune out until the rebuild is complete. The right move for the Sox to make was to be near average to keep the hype rolling. Getting the number 5 pick in draft is nice but not necessary when you are trying to lure big names next offseason.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:46 PM)
Let's be real. If they brought MM in they wouldn't have thrown that sh!t show of a pitching staff together. They would have tried to at least win 75 to 80 games. I think they are underestimating the ability to use the rebuild as an excuse. Free agents want to see signs of potential winning and fans will tune out until the rebuild is complete. The right move for the Sox to make was to be near average to keep the hype rolling. Getting the number 5 pick in draft is nice but not necessary when you are trying to lure big names next offseason.

So says a fan. It's more often about money than rings.

Man I can't believe Sox lost that game. I thought that one might be safe. LOL at Shields losing. Of course.

You know, this could really be embarrassing this season. If our starting pitching remains as bad as it looks, with this bullpen, I can't see winning more than 39 games.

I guess KC and Detroit are so bad we 'could' dominate those teams.

But this certainly has to be the worst starting rotation in Sox history. You've got nobody except Lopez who could 'possibly' throw more than 7 innings. Unless Giolito pulls his head out and excels. I mean Shields, Gonzalez and Fulmer are horrendous. And our bullpen has maybe one good reliever in Nate.

It's not been a habit of the Sox to outslug many teams. I can't see us winning many of those 12-11, 12-9 games. Maybe my 39 wins is outlandish, but we're certainly not winning more than 50 and I cannot see 50 wins. No way.

I'm hoping our hitters stay interested and put in the work on their individual games, which frankly has to be difficult to do. I mean if you are at the plate starting the second week of may and the team is 12 games out, I'd imagine it'd be pretty tough to move runners, work on your own game. s***, the natural thing would be to try to homer every at bat.

Good luck, Sox. I know you weren't planning on winning this season, but barring an amazing turnaround, this team's starting pitching, bullpen, defense and weak links in the lineup signal a brutal 39-win season. Like Fathom said, we do have good team speed, which frankly won't translate into wins.

Edited by greg775

Not saying Delmonico is even talented enough in LF to make that catch, but what the f*** is the point of slowing up and turning your back to ball to get the hit off the wall, when you know full well the game is over if you don't catch it....

The ball ended up hitting towards the bottom of the wall. He could have at least busted his ass towards the wall and made a leaping attempt. Instead he slows down, turns, and squares up to the wall waiting for the bounce, and then once he fields the bounce it seemed to click in his head that the game was over. Whoops.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 19, 2018 -> 01:12 AM)
Not saying Delmonico is even talented enough in LF to make that catch, but what the f*** is the point of slowing up and turning your back to ball to get the hit off the wall, when you know full well the game is over if you don't catch it....

The ball ended up hitting towards the bottom of the wall. He could have at least busted his ass towards the wall and made a leaping attempt. Instead he slows down, turns, and squares up to the wall waiting for the bounce, and then once he fields the bounce it seemed to click in his head that the game was over. Whoops.

The guy has probably never played outfield in his life up until last year. Avi was making similar blunders a few years ago. I would be patient.