Site BackOnline

Chisoxfn

Woah that freaked me out the first time I brought up the site. I am sure in a couple weeks this will feel like the new norm. 

Thank you to everyone that put in the work to make the big upgrade and keeping this site running!

Just a heads up when I click on the Futuresox tab up top it doesn't take you anywhere. 

Edited by BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Woah that freaked me out the first time I brought up the site. I am sure in a couple weeks this will feel like the new norm. 

Thank you to everyone that put in the work to make the big upgrade and keeping this site running!

Just a heads up when I click on the Futuresox tab up top it doesn't take you anywhere. 

Odd, it works for me. Not working for anyone else?

5 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

My only complaint is that the desktop site is kind of ugly and (ironically) seems older than the old site format 

I agree. I don't know if it's too much white on white, or maybe because each person's post takes up so much of the screen now, but it is not very asthetically pleasing. Are there options to tweak colors/themes from each users end? Or maybe if we had a couple options of different colors? I honestly can't remember what the old site looked like in terms of background colors and whatnot, but this one seems harder to read.

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Everything defaulted back to original usernames (the field that generated the "changed" names doesn't exist in the new version. If you want an updated username just post here. 

I'll take whatever mine was last,  ChiliBananaHammock7 or whatever. If it's not easy to figure out, Joey Doughnuts is fine.

2 hours ago, JoeCoolMan24 said:

I agree. I don't know if it's too much white on white, or maybe because each person's post takes up so much of the screen now, but it is not very asthetically pleasing. Are there options to tweak colors/themes from each users end? Or maybe if we had a couple options of different colors? I honestly can't remember what the old site looked like in terms of background colors and whatnot, but this one seems harder to read.

Having a user by user customization option isn’t really adviseable from my perspective for a site that is run on good will.

Try to keep in mind that the major benefit of the transition over to this new software suite is first and foremost an improvement in functionality.

The site now properly works on mobile, it has the ability to easily embed direct YouTube players and tweets from Twitter. There are other cool things like drag and drop attachments, adding multiple users to direct message threads, and many more that you’ll discover with more use.

Speaking more directly to your comment about the color choices and overall “feel” of the site - keep in mind that what we’re all seeing is pretty much a base theme that has only undergone a little customization.

I’m sure that in the coming days and weeks ahead, we’ll see a lot of changes to the theme which will improve your opinion.

one last thing I’ll mention is objectively, the last sites layout was actually complete shit with no possibility to improve upon... it was stuck in the year 2002 and the main reason you like it better is most likely just because you had been using it daily for a long period of time.

It was familiar and therefore comfortable for you... whereas this is new.

Give it some time and I’m confident it’ll grow on you at the same rate that it itself grows.

8 hours ago, JoeCoolMan24 said:

I think it's both the excessive white on white color scheme and that the posts are so much bigger, yes. Oh well, I trust that Jason and co will make it look nicer

I'm impressed with how the site looked on my 4" iPhone SE, 6" Fire Tablet.  That said, there's way too much wasted space on larger screens and resolutions.  I had to crank up the font on my 1440p 27" screen as well as on a regular old 1080p 24" screen in order to get the scaling a bit easier on the eyes.

Sorry for all the name dropping just wanted to be specific about what I found good and bad on various devices I use. 

24 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Word... I read another poster say there was drag and drop animated gifs... is that what you used to post that?

If so, how’d you do it?

The first time I did it I simply copied from giphy and pasted it.  I watched it to see if it would post, and it was there until I left the page.  When I came back I found the actual copy link on giphy and posted, it formats itself.  Haven’t tried drag and drop yet

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm impressed with how the site looked on my 4" iPhone SE, 6" Fire Tablet.  That said, there's way too much wasted space on larger screens and resolutions.  I had to crank up the font on my 1440p 27" screen as well as on a regular old 1080p 24" screen in order to get the scaling a bit easier on the eyes.

Sorry for all the name dropping just wanted to be specific about what I found good and bad on various devices I use. 

We're open to feedback. Ultimately would like to tweak this one more, but we wanted something simple to get rolling with that looked like a White Sox site. Would also like to ultimately get a couple more themes (a dark one, and a simplified one) but getting up and rolling was the most important part.