Site BackOnline

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

We're open to feedback. Ultimately would like to tweak this one more, but we wanted something simple to get rolling with that looked like a White Sox site. Would also like to ultimately get a couple more themes (a dark one, and a simplified one) but getting up and rolling was the most important part.

Sounds good.  I'd like to see a black background with white text theme.  In some cases, especially like night reading, it's a lot less eye strain.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sounds good.  I'd like to see a black background with white text theme.  In some cases, especially like night reading, it's a lot less eye strain.

Yup, we talked with Kalapse last night and are looking at various white on black themes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm impressed with how the site looked on my 4" iPhone SE, 6" Fire Tablet.  That said, there's way too much wasted space on larger screens and resolutions.  I had to crank up the font on my 1440p 27" screen as well as on a regular old 1080p 24" screen in order to get the scaling a bit easier on the eyes.

Sorry for all the name dropping just wanted to be specific about what I found good and bad on various devices I use. 

Great feedback - We are piloting a desktop version with a twitter feed on the right side to make better use of space for those people with bigger screens.  

52 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Love the constructive feedback. This sort of info will help us as we continue to tailor out. For others...keep the feedback coming.  And if you are a techy, if you've seen other cool features on other forums that you like, let us know and we can see what we can do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm impressed with how the site looked on my 4" iPhone SE, 6" Fire Tablet.  That said, there's way too much wasted space on larger screens and resolutions.  I had to crank up the font on my 1440p 27" screen as well as on a regular old 1080p 24" screen in order to get the scaling a bit easier on the eyes.

Sorry for all the name dropping just wanted to be specific about what I found good and bad on various devices I use. 

The only way I could read the old site when on my desktop was to increase the browser window to 175%

Isn’t that how it was for you too?

Textually heavy sites on large resolutions will pretty much always require that type of action... though I guess media queries could be used to target resolutions of say 1336px and above - creating higher font size properties for those types of devices.

In the end the only thing that accomplished thou is just eliminating a users need to press CTRL-+ a couple of times.

😆

11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Love the constructive feedback. This sort of info will help us as we continue to tailor out. For others...keep the feedback coming.  And if you are a techy, if you've seen other cool features on other forums that you like, let us know and we can see what we can do.  

Yeah, echoing this, especially if you see something someplace on the same software, let us know.

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I like it being there but there's something odd about the fonts that I'm not liking. It's like some of the parts are too big and that makes me have to scroll down too far to find the other parts of this forum.

Can you post a screenshot of an example section that illustrates this - Por Favor?

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Can you post a screenshot of an example section that illustrates this - Por Favor?

Let's find out. 

The first image is how the board page loads for me - I see the top thread, but have to scroll down more than 1/2 the page to find the other forums. There's a ton of dead space in there and that makes it a chore to scroll down and figure out where I'm heading. I think the dead space is probably bothering me the most.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 7.30.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 7.30.29 PM.png

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I can move the popular thread thing or get rid of it if people don't like it. You'd probably have to fight Jason on the ad. 

I personally really like the "popular thread" thing being showing first

2 minutes ago, kapkomet said:

Oh we get a poster reputation score?  LOL.

The best part was right after the roll out before the admin team had noticed it, there was a way to see all of your suspension / ban history... which was hysterically awesome to sift through for me.

haha :P

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I can move the popular thread thing or get rid of it if people don't like it. You'd probably have to fight Jason on the ad. 

I have no issue with the popular thing I just think there's a lot of blank space and that's making it hard to have the twitter feed in there without it making the left hand column overly compact.