Site BackOnline

Chisoxfn

15 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

@hi8is i think i found it. I think old sigs were grandfathered in but any changes or new members have to fit with some restrictions on the size of the sigs. Should be able to now.

Sa-wheeeet! Got 'er.... thanks mate.

48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Now that it's easy to upload files that was absolutely no work at all!

Yea man, comparatively this new build is sick as fuck... it's been like driving a brand new Tesla after rolling around in a 1979 VW Rabbit or something 🤓

On 4/20/2018 at 4:45 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Haha - Hillarious. I think that is because with the new software, certain fields were removed so people may revert back to their legacy usernames.  Odd that the avatar was different.  

Yea I never even had Dougly as my avatar. I'm debating about keeping the old name (I know Row would love that) or change it back to SoxAce to avoid (moreso for the newer posters) confusion but I'll let you know Jas. I need to change this avi though. :lol:

Edited by J.Reedfan8

2 minutes ago, ChrisLikesBaseball said:

Why does this site takeover my audio when I browse on mobile? If I have a podcast or music going, all of a sudden an ad or video/audio of a press conference will start playing. I can’t even find the video/audio in the thread.

There is a notification sound defaulted to active in your user settings:
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/notifications/options/

If you uncheck that and save your settings and then reload the page or shut down and reopen your web application - it should stop this.

@Chisoxfn and @Heads22 perhaps there is a way for you guys to have this option unchecked by default?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

Also it would be nice if you allowed us to have a list of themes to switch to personalize the site.

They’re working on this.

This theme is a very basic default version with a few “White Sox colors” selected just to get something up.

Give it time and it’ll evolve.

Took them 15 years to get to this point and Soxtalk will continue to grow for another 15 years to come. That is, of course... if Richard Hendrix doesn’t completely destroy the internet as we now know it with his ground breaking peer-to-peer “New Internet”.

Who knows what that will do to sites like Soxtalk. I’m excited and nervous at the same time because Pied Piper really seems to be right around the corner from shaking things up... BIG TIME.

One thing that I find myself missing is the section at the bottom of each post page which listed users who where currently also active in that post.

Maybe the software providers omitted that function from this version to save on database calls and as such, increase performance.

It’d be worth taking a look to see if that feature is available and wouldn’t effect server load performance – unless I’m the only one who misses that feature 🤯

If that’s the case, fuck it 😆

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hi8is said:

There is a notification sound defaulted to active in your user settings:
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/notifications/options/

If you uncheck that and save your settings and then reload the page or shut down and reopen your web application - it should stop this.

@Chisoxfn and @Heads22 perhaps there is a way for you guys to have this option unchecked by default?

Thank you for this! The new layout is great and the shift to being mobile friendly is awesome. 

So IMO there should be 3 actions possible for ratings:

1) Agree

2) Disagree

3) LOL

we don't need a "confused" button or a "like" button.  Just agree, disagree, and LOL.   Having an agree and disagree button will cut down on a lot of unnecessary "yes I agree" or "I disagree" posts.

Also, changing the default icons (which are awful imo) should be a priority as well.  More Sox/Baseball related icons would be nice.  Could just have like a baseball be the "agree" icon, a bat be the "disagree" icon and Hawk laughing could be the LOL icon.  The default icons just feel middle school to me.

I would also move the "quote" button to the bottom right by the ratings button.  Most forums have them next to each other so you can rate and quote/respond without excess mouse movement.  I'd also move the "drag files" area and "insert other media" up to the main editor as well.  It's just wasting space imo having its own toolbar.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

1) Agree

2) Disagree

3) LOL

we don't need a "confused" button or a "like" button.  Just agree, disagree, and LOL.   Having an agree and disagree button will cut down on a lot of unnecessary "yes I agree" or "I disagree" posts.

Also, changing the default icons (which are awful imo) should be a priority as well.  More Sox/Baseball related icons would be nice.  Could just have like a baseball be the "agree" icon, a bat be the "disagree" icon and Hawk laughing could be the LOL icon.  The default icons just feel middle school to me.

I would also move the "quote" button to the bottom right by the ratings button.  Most forums have them next to each other so you can rate and quote/respond without excess mouse movement.  I'd also move the "drag files" area and "insert other media" up to the main editor as well.  It's just wasting space imo having its own toolbar.

Guaranteed Rate logo should be the disagree button lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

1) Agree

2) Disagree

3) LOL

Good suggestions overall mate

I know this has been mentioned to an extent, and I know you guys are working on it, but I have been able to pinpoint that my issue with the design is definitely the colors. All the white, plus the big posts (at least, they're bigger on my laptop than they were on the old Soxtalk, at the same zoom level) isn't very easy on the eyes. 

18 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know this has been mentioned to an extent, and I know you guys are working on it, but I have been able to pinpoint that my issue with the design is definitely the colors. All the white, plus the big posts (at least, they're bigger on my laptop than they were on the old Soxtalk, at the same zoom level) isn't very easy on the eyes. 

Any idea what’s making the posts bigger than they where on the old site? I can’t even remember already 😆

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

Any idea what’s making the posts bigger than they where on the old site? I can’t even remember already 😆

My guess is it has something to do with the dead space between posts. But everything just seems more vertical on desktop.

The new mobile is fantastic though.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:02 AM, Chisoxfn said:

For instructional purposes, below are instructions for how you embed video/twitters. It is really nifty and REALLY easy. 

Video Embed:

If you want to embed a YouTube post.  Just copy and paste the link into your post and wait a few seconds. The video will automatically embed (you don't need to try to use code or anything).  

Twitter Embed:

IF you post a twitter quote, you literally do the same thing, copy/paste the twitter link into the post...wait a couple seconds...and the tweet will automatically embed.

This is convenient/nifty.  Great stuff.  Excited for the new site.