Site BackOnline

Chisoxfn

20 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Took me back to my high school days and visiting Alabama in the summer time at my uncle's house. :lol:

Lol.  Made me think of hanging out on SoxTalk at 2am in the summers... and being overly excited about Jeremy Reed hitting .400 in Birmingham.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Random but why did my post count go down during the update? I was past the "Legend" status thingy for sure, I think I may have lost exactly 1,000 for some reason.

Anytime you pay attention to post counts, you’re automatically deducted 1,000 posts by the thought police.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Random but why did my post count go down during the update? I was past the "Legend" status thingy for sure, I think I may have lost exactly 1,000 for some reason.

Post counts were recalculated somehow

14 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

When the database was rebuilt during the upgrade, any posts that had been deleted over the years were not counted anymore.  Either that or we are just messing with you.

It is what Southsider said. Occasionally posts or sub-forums have been cleaned up over the years. To the extent that happened, when the database and forum were refreshed, the user counts were updated. We tried to delete all of Southsider's posts but with how many posts he had, the site would have been down for weeks ;) 

15 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

Attached.  I'm sure its just due to large screen + modern sites being dynamic to fit anything but the huge whitespace require tons of scrolling to read posts now.

image.png

Right on, thanks. I’m not really too sure much can be done on the sides but the vertical items can be adjusted.