**White Sox SMOKE the Astros Game Thread 4/20/18**

Brian

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

When Fulmer / Migo / Shields are on the mound, all I do is hope our younger / core position players produce. I have such little expectations for this team.  Just let our young talent grow and hopefully we see some star potential materialize as the season goes on (as well as seeing signs from Lopez / Giolito that we can count on them as being building blocks in the staff);  If they don't pan out, we literally have an entire rotation we need to build.  

For sure. Losses are frustrating,  but are we really expecting this team to do anything? This year is all about development. Today I've enjoyed seeing the patience from Moncada and the hit/stolen base from Timmy.

In my opinion, the next "building" aspect of this rebuild is going to be the bullpen, which hopefully will start being built next off-season. That thankfully should not require nearly as.much development time, as pens usually don't.

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

For sure. Losses are frustrating,  but are we really expecting this team to do anything? This year is all about development. Today I've enjoyed seeing the patience from Moncada and the hit/stolen base from Timmy.

In my opinion, the next "building" aspect of this rebuild is going to be the bullpen, which hopefully will start being built next off-season. That thankfully should not require nearly as.much development time, as pens usually don't.

Agree with you on Yoan / Timmy. On the pen, I'm not that concerned because I figure by sheer luck we should have a few guys that somewhat emerge in the next year to two. Even if they don't, I think that is the last piece to develop and if you get the rest right, you got to be able to piece together a decent pen.  

That said, if our pen sucks by the end of the year and we haven't identified a pitcher or two that is young and cost controlled that looks like they could be fits, that would be a disappointment.  Too many developmental innings throughout our pen to not have a couple pieces emerge.