**White Sox SMOKE the Astros Game Thread 4/20/18**

Brian

Is anyone else worried about the catching situation in 2020?  That’s one more cost we weren’t counting on in the free agent market.

If nothing else, the start of this season is pushing the idea of actually contending from 2019 to 2020...the other reason is because late 2019/20 will be when that impact wave of outfielders arrives.

No point in worrying about the pen until at least midseason next year.

Wouldn't read too much into Carson's appearance here seeing as Hahn was quoted just this morning about how the Sox feel what is best for him is to get the ball every 5 days in the big leagues. I think we're just letting him throw some extra pitches since he was pulled so early last time out.

Just now, Jake said:

Wouldn't read too much into Carson's appearance here seeing as Hahn was quoted just this morning about how the Sox feel what is best for him is to get the ball every 5 days in the big leagues. I think we're just letting him throw some extra pitches since he was pulled so early last time out.

Yeah, I would think this is essentially his side session.

Just now, Jake said:

Yep and to save tired pen guys 

Just now, Tony said:

What does the +1 next to the username mean?

Means you're the best!

It relates to feedback on posts. You guys can like posts and all of that. I'm not sure we're going to leave the negative rating aspect of it, tbh.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is anyone else worried about the catching situation in 2020?  That’s one more cost we weren’t counting on in the free agent market.

If nothing else, the start of this season is pushing the idea of actually contending from 2019 to 2020...the other reason is because late 2019/20 will be when that impact wave of outfielders arrives.

No point in worrying about the pen until at least midseason next year.

No, for one simple reason, catching in the majors sucks. While you can differentiate with a good catcher, you certainly don't need one to win.  There are just so few really good catchers.  Plenty of mediocre ones.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We have to have the least productive outfield in all of MLB, right?

which one could possibly be worse?

It's close, Avi and Engel are two of the ten worst in terms of fWAR.  The 3 main guys rank 98, 99 and 103 out of 117 in terms of defense

Just now, fathom said:

Send Fulmer to the minors and see if he can even get AAA hitters out. Right now, he's just a pitching machine .

I'd be for this except I don't know who you put in his place, since it seems like we're waiting til June for Kopech

Just now, pcq said:

Rebuilding is one thing. Giving up ten and scoring none seems like something worse. It seems to happen more often than not.

When Fulmer / Shields / Migo comprise of 3/5th's of our rotation, we are going to have a lot of bad losses. Add in a bad pen and it will be even worse. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

When Fulmer / Shields / Migo comprise of 3/5th's of our rotation, we are going to have a lot of bad losses. Add in a bad pen and it will be even worse. 

I wish I can say I don't have a problem with this offense.