**White Sox SMOKE the Astros Game Thread 4/20/18**

Brian

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

When Fulmer / Shields / Migo comprise of 3/5th's of our rotation, we are going to have a lot of bad losses. Add in a bad pen and it will be even worse. 

Team ERA closing in on 6, and they weren't exactly facing the 27 Yankees

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

I wish I can say I don't have a problem with this offense.

It has its own issues, but I think we will see Moncada become a star by the end of this year.  Timmy Anderson is making progress too.  Still...this rebuild is going to be a lot harder than I think most everyone thinks.  I'll have a stronger opinion on how we are trending by the end of June.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

It has its own issues, but I think we will see Moncada become a star by the end of this year.  Timmy Anderson is making progress too.  Still...this rebuild is going to be a lot harder than I think most everyone thinks.  I'll have a stronger opinion on how we are trending by the end of June.  

Avi being one of the worst players in baseball has really hurt.  Everyone else is performing as expected.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Avi being one of the worst players in baseball has really hurt.  Everyone else is performing as expected.

Realistically, the return for a dominant/healthy Nate Jones might be better. 

A lot of those hitters like Morrison, Alonso and Chris Taylor who had breakouts ast yeaar are really scuffling.

Finally, send Engel down in the next week if his offensive and defensive struggles continue.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I still have confidence in Moncada, we just need to accept he will never be a high average hitter.

It's only been 3 weeks, but it's the whole team has taken a step backward, with exception of maybe ReyLo.

4 minutes ago, Real said:

people are kidding themselves if they think this team is anywhere close to contending next year without a massive FA splash or two (or three)

what an awful team

One positive is half the starting rotation will be gone.

28 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

One positive is half the starting rotation will be gone.

And if Rodon comes back and Kopech is the real deal, than you feel a lot better. There are a lot of "ifs" key to all of this though.  Hahn and company better keep drafting well and the Getz and the minor league staff better develop guys.  We need more than just the people we traded for to pan out.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think our pitching will end up being the strength of this team ultimately. We’ll really need to hit on any positional signings