Thompson / Saladino

justBLAZE

I'm cool with him platooning with Nicky in LF or playing majority of the time in CF. Engel sucks. Engel looks like he's never played baseball before when batting, very similar to a guy on my Sunday baseball league team who had never played before in his life until last year.

Edited by soxfan2014

Solid move; I was listening to the local sports talk in SoCal on my way into work this morning and Mychael Thompson (Trayce's dad was on) and talked about how dissapointed he was for Trayce when the White Sox originally traded him to the Dodgers. The family was excited he would be coming back to SoCal, but ultimately Trayce felt very comfortable in the Sox organization and his dad said Trayce was exstatic that he is finally coming back home to Chicago, where he is so much more comfortable with the people, coaches, organization, etc. 

Mychael Thompson was extremely complimentary of the Sox org and Trayce recongizes this was about the perfect landing spot for him. Hopefully he can make the most of his opportunity. Tools have always been there, albeit, it is certainly an uphill battle that he puts it all together offensively. Really high character / good kid though and I'll be pulling for him.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Solid move; I was listening to the local sports talk in SoCal on my way into work this morning and Mychael Thompson (Trayce's dad was on) and talked about how dissapointed he was for Trayce when the White Sox originally traded him to the Dodgers. The family was excited he would be coming back to SoCal, but ultimately Trayce felt very comfortable in the Sox organization and his dad said Trayce was exstatic that he is finally coming back home to Chicago, where he is so much more comfortable with the people, coaches, organization, etc. 

Mychael Thompson was extremely complimentary of the Sox org and Trayce recongizes this was about the perfect landing spot for him. Hopefully he can make the most of his opportunity. Tools have always been there, albeit, it is certainly an uphill battle that he puts it all together offensively. Really high character / good kid though and I'll be pulling for him.   

Interesting, he was doing OK with the Dodgers until he hurt his back.   Certainly will be rooting for him and I really hope they didn't just bring him in to be a 4th OF.  He should be starting over Engel.  He's only 15 months older than Engel and has actually had periods of MLB success.  

I like these moves.  Moncada & Anderson should start close to 150 games.  That really doesn’t leave a lot of playing time for Saladino, especially with Sanchez playing well and Leury serving as a solid backup infielder.

As for Thompson, my expectations are incredibly low, but there’s absolutely nothing to lose by rolling the dice on him.  I hope they slowly give more of the CF playing time to Trayce and see if they get lucky.  Engel isn’t worth wasting at-bats on IMO.

I thought I'd never say this, but now that we got Trayce back, I'd sign Melky too. He isn't holding anybody back and I am not in the mood for a 40- to 45-win season. This team blows and at this point I welcome the Melk-ster back. Sign some of these guys who didn't get signed as stop-gaps. We could use 3-4 pitchers off the scrap heap as well.

Somebody send Hahn an email asking for the Melkster!

48 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nice post. I'd play him every fricking day. Please Trayce, hit the ball and run! We need you.

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I thought I'd never say this, but now that we got Trayce back, I'd sign Melky too. He isn't holding anybody back and I am not in the mood for a 40- to 45-win season. This team blows and at this point I welcome the Melk-ster back. Sign some of these guys who didn't get signed as stop-gaps. We could use 3-4 pitchers off the scrap heap as well.

I don't think I realized that Melky was still a free agent. Who are the current free agents out there? I had casually forgotten how many guys were unsigned heading into spring training, etc, this year.  

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Where the fuck would Melky play?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

As for Thompson, my expectations are incredibly low, but there’s absolutely nothing to lose by rolling the dice on him.  I hope they slowly give more of the CF playing time to Trayce and see if they get lucky.  Engel isn’t worth wasting at-bats on IMO.

Engel's defense hasn't been good this year, and I'm not seeing much improvement in his batting.  A .150 average is somewhat acceptable as long as you're playing great in CF. 

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Not holding anybody back? What on Earth are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Not holding anybody back? What on Earth are you talking about?

I have to believe he's suggesting to bench Davidson in favor of Melky which I wholy agree with, just look at that batting average, at least Melky hit .270 last year.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Well, greg is celebrating 420.

• Like 1

No reason not to put Trayce in CF. The Adam Engel experiment is over. Tyler now plays for the Sox in Colorado Springs. What a rude awakening. There has to be someone more deserving of a roster spot than Engel. 

4 hours ago, pcq said:

No reason not to put Trayce in CF. The Adam Engel experiment is over. Tyler now plays for the Sox in Colorado Springs. What a rude awakening. There has to be someone more deserving of a roster spot than Engel. 

No offense to Engel, but it doesn't take a Tony LaRussa or Jim Leyland or Tom Lasorda to tell you Mr. Engel cannot hit. More Trayce; less Engel please!

• Like 2