04-20-18 Games (Kopech, Clarkin, Lambert, Rigler)

KnightsOnMintSt

Walk...two K’s, stolen base, then hung a breaking pitch that got spanked for an rbi single, infield popup.

Announcer said Kopech has averaged 98 mph his last two starts. Stadium gun not working tonight.

Five k’s in first two innings.  Will be 22 in a week or so.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Collins is a total wreck at the plate. He takes more called 3rd strikes than anyone I've ever seen.  Swing the bat!  He is beginning to remind me of the catching version of Hawkins.

He needs to a weekend series where he tries not to walk, just to see to what happens.

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

Collins is a total wreck at the plate. He takes more called 3rd strikes than anyone I've ever seen.  Swing the bat!  He is beginning to remind me of the catching version of Hawkins.

That last ab was ridiculous. 3-0 and he lets the next 3 strikes pass right by? What is going on. He clearly is having some issues in his head because he isn't nearly this bad. 

I will say though, his first 2 ab's were sharply hit..'

Edited by Anderdale

7 hours ago, Tony said:

The farm has been mostly positive this year, but Collins...man.

I’ve watched him a few times and it’s like his only goal is to take a walk.  He’s being so selective it’s essentially become detrimental for him.  Most of the K’s I’ve seen have been him looking or after he’s put himself in a bad count.  I think this is simply an approach problem that can be fixed over time, but the numbers are ugly besides the insane 28% walk rate.  And yes, I’m fully aware he’s gotten very unlucky (.071 BABIP), but the quality of contact hasn’t been the best from what I’ve seen.