southsider2k5

UPDATE: Doctors expect Farquhar to pitch again, but not before 2019

Per George Offman 

Sox reliever Danny Farquhar passed out in the dugout after the 6th inning. Was attended to by Sox medical staff and taken to Rush Univerity Medical center for further testing,
@WBBMNewsradio

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

C'mon SS, use the new Twitter embed function!!!

On my phone now, but will try tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Wow, that is crazy. I hope he will be okay

I saw on the White Sox original tweet last night that someone with the same last name as him was making a joke. Don't know if they are related or not

My wife survived this but did not have a rupture. They go up thru a groin artery into the brain and patch coils together to repair the damaged area. He may have permanency from the hemorrhage and who knows if he would be cleared to play sports. They have ongoing issues to varying degrees. 

I know very little about this but it obviously sounds absolutely awful, life threatening, and makes his dignity is more of a worry now than is the potential to play baseball ever again.

😢

This is absolutely utterly terrible. Prayers to Danny and his family. Hope he ends up recovering with the best possible outcome!!! 

From the tone of some of the people who are more likely to know how Danny is doing than we are, this seems very, very grave. It is not all that uncommon to hear about healthy young people dying from brain hemorrhages — nobody is coming out and saying that may be the outcome here, but it looks like it may be that serious.