Tim annoys Verlander

Heads22

Verlander lost his no-hitter on Anderson’s one-out base hit in the fifth inning, to which Anderson, whose mission this season is to have fun playing baseball, celebrated. But that celebration wasn’t what peeved Verlander. Instead it was Anderson’s attempt at stealing second base on a 3-0 count — and the subsequent celebration when the steal didn't count because of a walk — and his attempt at stealing third base shortly thereafter. That play went haywire, as Anderson was picked off, caught in a rundown, safely made it back to second but just as Omar Narvaez was arriving, making an out. The two exchanged words on the field after that play.

5 hours ago, Tony said:

So sick of all the “unwritten rules” of baseball. All these players and managers get upset when anyone celebrates, and everyone wonders why the baseball can’t market any stars and the game has no personality. 

Keep doing your thing, Tim. 

100% agree.   Baseball players need to stop acting like little b****es about everything.  Tim’s excitement/energy has been one of the few positives in an otherwise miserable season for the Sox.  I hope he keeps it up.

Just baseball being baseball. I like saltiness. I see a little of Rickey Henderson in Anderson. Let him get under Verlander's skin . Verlander has to find his motivation somewhere since  the Sox bats were dormant.

Besides some of what Verlander said was right . He had the last laugh picking Anderson off. Veteran smarts outwitted young players aggressiveness. Live and learn. Baseball being baseball.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

I don't care about the "unwritten rules" of baseball; I do care about players trying to steal when down 5-0:  The reward isn't close in value to the risk.

And yet, down 5-0 and with Tim the only hit they needed a spark somehow...

12 hours ago, Tony said:

So sick of all the “unwritten rules” of baseball. All these players and managers get upset when anyone celebrates, and everyone wonders why the baseball can’t market any stars and the game has no personality. 

Keep doing your thing, Tim. 

Not a bad post. The unwritten rules ... there are so many of 'em to keep track of. If Verlander hits Tim with a pitch if/when the teams meet again ... immediate fight will ensue probably. 

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I don't care about the "unwritten rules" of baseball; I do care about players trying to steal when down 5-0:  The reward isn't close in value to the risk.

That's why Verlander should have thought of something wry or funny to say. He got the last laugh picking him off. He didn't need to explain the whole thing IMO, although I don't think he was that out of line in his explanation of why Timmy pissed him off.

• Like 1