Race for the worst 2018 record (Top 5 pick) again

caulfield12

38 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing as they kept Moncada down so long last year and Kopech this year I don't see them skipping Eloy to the majors. Eloy certainly has the talent, but they wont do it.

Kopech not being up is beyond me ... nobody in that rotation now is more important to the Sox future than the success of Kopech. If we are ever winning a world series Kopech is your ace. Might as well let him learn at the bigs.

They'll let him learn in the bigs in 2019.  

41 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing as they kept Moncada down so long last year and Kopech this year I don't see them skipping Eloy to the majors. Eloy certainly has the talent, but they wont do it.

Kopech not being up is beyond me ... nobody in that rotation now is more important to the Sox future than the success of Kopech. If we are ever winning a world series Kopech is your ace. Might as well let him learn at the bigs.

Hahn just said again last night that Eloy will not skip AAA.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:15 AM, BrianAnderson said:

I don't think they kept Moncada in AAA long enough. His AAA stats are remarkably similar to your favorite player Brian Anderson's. Another guy who tore up MiLB but couldn't handle the MLB after a quick promotion.

If Kopech needs to learn anything right now it's how to handle AAA hitters. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Kevan Smith batting 3rd today. Ricky is taking tanking seriously

But facing a lefty it made sense. He has been their best hitter in June and looking at the rest of the lineup there probably wasn't a better option.  He did his part w 2 more hits. Guy has been on fire this month.  

On 6/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, SEALgep said:

Probably, but I almost wonder if some young replacements rejuvenate the team. Baseball is great, but odd in that what you expect on paper often ends up being the opposite.

This

I've seen this happen too many times where an already atrocious team sells their only valuable players. Then you think "holy shit... they may never win again". Somehow they wind up having a run of .500 baseball or something. It's an all too common occurrence. Sometimes a group of young guys fighting for a future in baseball is better than the presence of a couple of stars who wreak of "just get me out of here". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richie said:

This

I've seen this happen too many times where an already atrocious team sells their only valuable players. Then you think "holy shit... they may never win again". Somehow they wind up having a run of .500 baseball or something. It's an all too common occurrence. Sometimes a group of young guys fighting for a future in baseball is better than the presence of a couple of stars who wreak of "just get me out of here". 

Yup. Last year, the White Sox played better baseball after Quintana, Melky, the entire bullpen, etc. were traded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

EVERY loss counts, im not cheering for Sox losses, I am cheering for losses while seeing good performances from Moncada, Anderson, and the young pitchers.

Yes. And rooting for guys that have some trade value in the next five weeks.

61-101 seems about right, with the 3rd pick. 

30 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes. And rooting for guys that have some trade value in the next five weeks.

61-101 seems about right, with the 3rd pick. 

It really bothers me that the Sox haven’t called up Gomez for this reason. They finally call up Cedeno, and so far he looks like a tradable piece. 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And KC is contemplating a Heimlich signing, which is quite interesting because Dayton Moore’s an evangelical/born again Christian.

I was struck by this too, but it makes some sense.  Only someone whose public morality track record was unassailable could weather the criticism, and a born-again Christian may look at second chances differently.  Personally, I don't want the Sox to sign him and the whole thing makes me queasy, but you can see where Moore might be exactly the guy to take this kind of risk.