4. Padres 56-86 (1-2)
  5. Marlins 56-86
  6. Tigers 59-83 (0-1)
  7. Reds 60-82 (1-1)
  8. Rangers 61-81 (0-1)
  9. Blue Jays 64-78 (1-0)
  10. Mets 65-77
  11. Twins 65-77

Braves get a comp pick at 9 for not signing their guy this year.

Edited by flavum

On 8/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, flavum said:

Would you be willing to lose two spots in the draft if it meant the Cubs lost the division and had to host the wildcard?

I asked this 4 weeks ago....seems a good time to ask again...5th or 6th instead of 3rd, and the Cubs fall to wildcard status. Do you take it?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No. The Cubs status is a waste of time for White Sox fans.  

I’m asking would you want the White Sox to sweep the Cubs the final home weekend even if it meant falling from 3rd to 5th or 6th, and in the process prevent the Cubs from winning the division, but host the wildcard game?

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m asking would you want the White Sox to sweep the Cubs the final home weekend even if it meant falling from 3rd to 5th or 6th, and in the process prevent the Cubs from winning the division, but host the wildcard game?

No. The higher draft pick is worth more to us than the Cubs status. The only way I want to see the Sox streak is it it means hot streaks from Yoan, Anderson and guys in this ilk.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

For those that follow this stuff, what type of player could they conceivably get with a top 5 pick?

What I mean, is how deep does it go for "can't-miss" guys, and which positions.

It is super early, but the earliest leaders at the top are a couple of college catchers,  the kids from Oregon State and Baylor,  along with Bobby Witt Jr.

6 hours ago, flavum said:

If it kicks the Cubs in the nut sac....I'm all for it.  Fuck them.....

9 hours ago, flavum said:

Hell no. The Sox getting a potential impact player is infinitely more important than rooting against the Cubs. Especially in the 3 or 5 or 6 range. Often there's a few big guns at the top of a draft and then a fall-off.

3 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

Dear White Sox, 

This has been a magical week. You're almost there! Please do not fuck this up. 

Kindest Regards, 

SAALOTL

Definitely would like to see them get the 3rd pick. Unfortunately the peaks and valleys of the four teams from 3 to 6 might just have the Sox in a valley before a peak comes again. 62-100 would be nice.  64-98 would get iffy, I'm afraid.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:47 PM, Baker said:

State of Emergency declared in Maryland this weekend. 3 game series with the Orioles could be washed out. 

Looks like the storm will be more south by the weekend (Braves hosting Nats). The Sox/Orioles might have some Friday scattered showers, but they'll get three games in this weekend.

Just a terrible storm, by the way. The rainfall amounts will be incredible.