Jump to content
caulfield12

Race for the worst 2018 record (Top 5 pick) again

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing as they kept Moncada down so long last year and Kopech this year I don't see them skipping Eloy to the majors. Eloy certainly has the talent, but they wont do it.

 

Kopech not being up is beyond me ... nobody in that rotation now is more important to the Sox future than the success of Kopech. If we are ever winning a world series Kopech is your ace. Might as well let him learn at the bigs.

They'll let him learn in the bigs in 2019.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing as they kept Moncada down so long last year and Kopech this year I don't see them skipping Eloy to the majors. Eloy certainly has the talent, but they wont do it.

 

Kopech not being up is beyond me ... nobody in that rotation now is more important to the Sox future than the success of Kopech. If we are ever winning a world series Kopech is your ace. Might as well let him learn at the bigs.

Hahn just said again last night that Eloy will not skip AAA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

 Impressive. It's gotta be difficult to be that bad.

Imagine how bad the Os will be when Machado and Jones get traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably, but I almost wonder if some young replacements rejuvenate the team. Baseball is great, but odd in that what you expect on paper often ends up being the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 7:15 AM, BrianAnderson said:

Seeing as they kept Moncada down so long last year and Kopech this year I don't see them skipping Eloy to the majors. Eloy certainly has the talent, but they wont do it.

 

Kopech not being up is beyond me ... nobody in that rotation now is more important to the Sox future than the success of Kopech. If we are ever winning a world series Kopech is your ace. Might as well let him learn at the bigs.

I don't think they kept Moncada in AAA long enough. His AAA stats are remarkably similar to your favorite player Brian Anderson's. Another guy who tore up MiLB but couldn't handle the MLB after a quick promotion.

If Kopech needs to learn anything right now it's how to handle AAA hitters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Kevan Smith batting 3rd today. Ricky is taking tanking seriously

But facing a lefty it made sense. He has been their best hitter in June and looking at the rest of the lineup there probably wasn't a better option.  He did his part w 2 more hits. Guy has been on fire this month.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, SEALgep said:

Probably, but I almost wonder if some young replacements rejuvenate the team. Baseball is great, but odd in that what you expect on paper often ends up being the opposite.

This

I've seen this happen too many times where an already atrocious team sells their only valuable players. Then you think "holy shit... they may never win again". Somehow they wind up having a run of .500 baseball or something. It's an all too common occurrence. Sometimes a group of young guys fighting for a future in baseball is better than the presence of a couple of stars who wreak of "just get me out of here". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richie said:

 This

I've seen this happen too many times where an already atrocious team sells their only valuable players. Then you think "holy shit... they may never win again". Somehow they wind up having a run of .500 baseball or something. It's an all too common occurrence. Sometimes a group of young guys fighting for a future in baseball is better than the presence of a couple of stars who wreak of "just get me out of here". 

Yup. Last year, the White Sox played better baseball after Quintana, Melky, the entire bullpen, etc. were traded. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not initially.  They were horrid right after they traded Q.

I think they traded Quintana on 7/13 and proceeded to go 1-13 or something crazy after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But overall, they were a better team once we sold everyone off. Not just Q, but the bullpen and Melky as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And KC is contemplating a Heimlich signing, which is quite interesting because Dayton Moore’s an evangelical/born again Christian.

Larnach in Minnesota, Madrigal w the Sox...all the Central needs is SS Grenier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And KC is contemplating a Heimlich signing, which is quite interesting because Dayton Moore’s an evangelical/born again Christian.

Larnach in Minnesota, Madrigal w the Sox...all the Central needs is SS Grenier.

Adley with the Sox next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EVERY loss counts, im not cheering for Sox losses, I am cheering for losses while seeing good performances from Moncada, Anderson, and the young pitchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

EVERY loss counts, im not cheering for Sox losses, I am cheering for losses while seeing good performances from Moncada, Anderson, and the young pitchers.

Yes. And rooting for guys that have some trade value in the next five weeks.

61-101 seems about right, with the 3rd pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes. And rooting for guys that have some trade value in the next five weeks.

61-101 seems about right, with the 3rd pick. 

It really bothers me that the Sox haven’t called up Gomez for this reason. They finally call up Cedeno, and so far he looks like a tradable piece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And KC is contemplating a Heimlich signing, which is quite interesting because Dayton Moore’s an evangelical/born again Christian.

I was struck by this too, but it makes some sense.  Only someone whose public morality track record was unassailable could weather the criticism, and a born-again Christian may look at second chances differently.  Personally, I don't want the Sox to sign him and the whole thing makes me queasy, but you can see where Moore might be exactly the guy to take this kind of risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×