4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN

I'm not convinced he has to go to AAA and given his mental state there's a chance it would be disastrous for him. Only the Sox will be able to read him and decide what he needs. Of course if he's going to give up 4 runs per inning every time out there won't be any choice

Just now, Tony said:

I’d almost rather them put him on the DL, let him work on things and get him back on the mound when he’s ready. 

I dont know, there isn’t a right answer here

Supposedly he pitches great in the bullpen and then loses it once the game starts 

3 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Oh for the love of God

And we can't do a 4 man.  It's a 3 man and shields.  Help us Kopech

This is my favorite post from everyone's rant here because obviously if we call up the guy who isn't 22 yet, clearly he'll be the one who knows how to repeat his delivery and control the ball every pitch against the World Series Champs right? He won't need any time to develop unlike all the other guys. I see no real issue with that logic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

They won't be.  We knew this was going to be horrible.  The minor leagues are the exact opposite of what we're seeing on the field right now.

Still think the drafting has been very, very mediocre. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

This is my favorite post from everyone's rant here because obviously if we call up the guy who isn't 22 yet, clearly he'll be the one who knows how to repeat his delivery and control the ball every pitch against the World Series Champs right? He won't need any time to develop unlike all the other guys. I see no real issue with that logic. 

(I was joking)

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I’d almost rather them put him on the DL, let him work on things and get him back on the mound when he’s ready. 

I dont know, there isn’t a right answer here

The right answer is the White Sox were not going to win the division this year and so we should do exactly what we were going to do: play the kids and watch as some of them turn into really good ballplayers in a year or two

Just now, Tony said:

The only way If this season is a true failure for the front office is if the young players in the MLB don’t grow. We need positives from Yoan, TA, Lopez, hopefully Gio at some point. 

I still think if the farm is coming up strong it will garner enough confidence that everyone comes back. 

The Cubs didn't fire Theo in '14 when Baez was the only player in the majors.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The right answer is the White Sox were not going to win the division this year and so we should do exactly what we were going to do: play the kids and watch as some of them turn into really good ballplayers in a year or two

This is correct and has been my approach thus far.  I've mostly been staying out of gamethreads because of the meltdowns from people who think for some reason we would be contending this year. Gio though. Never expected this.

Just now, AustinIllini said:

I really don't like Burger.  I didn't like the draft pick at all.  I want fielding talent.

For an organization that has trouble developing offensive players, drafting a guy with a known hitch like Collins was insane.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic