4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN

Just now, Tony said:

Did they mention he got benched on the broadcast? 

Thy're insinuating it.  He doesn't have any medical people around him, and he looks upset/mad(probably at himself) when the camera showed him.  You can basically tell that's why he's out of the game.  They showed a replay of his slowing down before hitting first on a bang bang play.

Just now, GreenSox said:

I seriously doubt the FO thought it would be this bad.  In a normal organization, jobs would be on the line, including the vaunted pitching coach, who, despite his rep.,  has rarely fielded a top staff despite some top talent.

Ahem.  Rebuild.  Rebuild.  There are two or three sox players of the future on this roster.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I seriously doubt the FO thought it would be this bad.  In a normal organization, jobs would be on the line, including the vaunted pitching coach, who, despite his rep.,  has rarely fielded a top staff despite some top talent.

If jobs are on the line right now then the organization is scrambling like Cleveland in football. You don't judge a team like this on W/L. You judge them a year or two down the road.

In 2019 and 2020  you know darn well I'll be on the other side, but right now this is stay the course mode. THIS IS WHAT REBUILDING LOOKS LIKE. THIS IS THE PRICE WE'RE PAYING FOR GOING ALL IN ON 2015 AND 2016 AND LOSING THOSE BETS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

LOL no. And I can't wait until he's declared a bust when he gives up 8 runs in his 10th start while having no control that day.

Listen, the bar here is not very high at this point and quite a few people in the industry thought it was questionable — if not for the service time issue — that we didn't have him up here to start the year. Unlike Giolito, we'll know that Kopech has stuff that can play.

Just now, AustinIllini said:

Ahem.  Rebuild.  Rebuild.  There are two or three sox players of the future on this roster.

I think there's 10-15. But guys who are part of your future will struggle in their 15th career starts sometimes.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If jobs are on the line right now then the organization is scrambling like Cleveland. You don't judge a team like this on W/L. You judge them a year or two down the road.

In 2019 and 2020  you know darn well I'll be on the other side, but right now this is stay the course mode. THIS IS WHAT REBUILDING LOOKS LIKE. THIS IS THE PRICE WE'RE PAYING FOR GOING ALL IN ON 2015 AND 2016 AND LOSING THOSE BETS.

Exactly.  It's a product of almost a decade of going for it and failing.  We haven't had a farm in years.  This season is the bottom of it. 

People need to start looking at the minor league performances in our organization.  Micker Adolfo is making a killing right now.  

I applaud Renteria for pulling out the team's most important player for dogging it in a game where they're getting blown out. Doing things like that help reinforce a work ethic and a culture amongst the players. 

Moncada will never do that again. I wonder what Abreu is going to say to him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

Some people aren't prepared for this shit LOL.

I knew it could get bad.  I'm all in for the struggle, as longs as we start to see some success with these young kids once they're here.   I'd say they're allowed to b**** about the performance of players from game to game, but anything about the FO or people needing to be fired for this current team is bullshit, and I am honestly tired of seeing people b**** about the product on the field, when this is to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tony said:

Moncada

Anderson

Lopez

Giolito

Rodon

Eloy

Kopech

Robert

Hansen

Dunning 

Adolfo

Burdi

Its possible Yolmer/Davidson/Avi are in that group 

Before this blows up, I meant 2 or 3 on the current roster.  I do agree with this post, however.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic